Subject Author Posted Replies

Christmas Special
http://lafayette.craigslist.org/for/2091153024.htmlSonny
4

Brad point drill bits
62
62

RE: Thin Stock
above describes an aux table for a bench top planer to yield thin stock (Less than 1/4"). Courtesy of WoodSmithShop. Lew http://tinyurl.com/2d9hob7----------------------------The...

What is it? Set 365
2104. If the 4 "jacks" are metal then it could be used as a trivet to keep hot pots or pans off a table or counter top. The string keeps them together when not in use. Art
23
23

Recommendation for a small width bandsaw blade
Thanks for the link to the blade on the Highland Woodworking website. I will verify that 3/16" will get the job done before ordering. Dick
4
4

Keeping warm in the shop
Well, I know my shop can't be as cold as some of yours (I live in Northern California), but I really find that I avoid doing anything during the "hard" winter months here - Dec - March. So I like to...
18
18

Lumber mill / dealer in PA
Ah, the Devil's waiting room ;-)
17
17

Leslie Nielsen, RIP
Must we all buy Veritas now?
16
16

Newbie question
---------------------------------------- Trying to produce tapered shims that taper to nothing is going to produce a lot of scrap shims less than 10" long. The only way to make a 4" cut with a 10"...
8
8

Mortice Chisels
A week or two ago there was a thread here with someone asking about mortise chisels. The Narex brand was discussed. I noticed Lee Valley has them on special and thought I would let everybody know...
1
1

3 phase table saw in a single phase shop
Just purchased a 3 phase 5hp Jet JTAS 10XL table saw and now am working on getting it working in my single phase shop. If anyone has an opinion on which is best, please let me know. The saw will be...
8
8

Whatcha all think of this Jointer?
I'm looking at this Grizzly jointer, has anybody seen, used, or bought one? don't know what the difference is in the "Polar Bear Series", they claim nothing. -Jim Grizzly Industrial, Inc. is a...
20
20

Choosing table saw
--------------------------------- My son has a DW745 that he uses around home for DIY projects. It serves his purpose; however, it is a direct drive and certainly not be confused with a decent...
27
27

How to fix a gouge in a table top?
Well, actually a series of gouges. The top of my wife's mother's buffet cabinet was gouged during a move many years ago. Parts are very deep. I have hesitated trying to fix this over the years because...
15
15

Amount of lighting
Yes, on 3 phase supplies due to overloading of the unprotected (unfused) neutral due to triplen harmonics
93
93