Subject Author Posted Replies

book recommendation wanted
As a woodworker I am an amateur, beginner, and not very talented. Well, maybe moderately talented. U tube has been very instructive for me in learning some woodworking techniques but I feel that a...
11
11

Adjustable Benches
These benches are expensive, but you can get the surface of your choice and they are wheelchair accessible. http://www.flameengineering.com/Benches_Custom.html
9
9

FWW Archive Collection DVD-ROM 1975-2008
A Christmas present fron Sawmill Sammy! Fine Woodworking Archive Collection DVD-ROM 1975-2008 Issues 1-201 -- 7.28 Gb -- Now, for the first time ever, you can get digital reproductions of the first...
6
6

Baltic birch vs ApplePly for drawers - your opinion please
I am making an entertainment center out of teak. It will have 6 drawers, each with a teak drawer face attached to the 1/2" plywood drawer. I have seen ApplePly in drawers and it looks very nice. I...
20
20

OT: For that special tool collector's Christmas
number is last 9 characters. http://cgi.ebay.com/Kommer-PTS-Pelvic-Tool-Sharpener-/120657038230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17b84b96Item...

Dye preferences?
Want to dye maple jet black. Vinegar / iron solution gives a nice, silver grey, but not black. Water-soluble, also warps wood more than alcohol or oil-based, prefer not to use water-based.
14
14

OT - Elizabeth Edwards Funeral Protest
As a life-long Kansan, I love my state, but there are times when I want to hide under a damned rock. For those who haven't heard the nutcase a**holes from the Topeka-based Westboro "church" plan to...
51
51

Grizzly G0513X2 Bandsaw experiences?
I'm considering upgrading my bandsaw to the Grizzly G0513X2, which got excellent reviews recently. (I currently have a blue Jet 14", upgradd with Iturra guides and spring). I mostly want to be ble to...
1
1

table saw
Im selling my Hitachi c 10-fl ...used 3 times for, $300.00 obo i used it on my floors and dont need it any more
2
2

2010 Fine Woodworking Archive DVD-ROM Question
Does anyone have this DVD and is it as great a resource as Taunton Press keeps pushing? Its expensive at 149.00 but looks like its full of great info. My kids keep asking me what I want for Christmas...
18
18

Why do you like one brand of stain over another?
Ok, I know this is so subjective. I know people have biases. But why do you like a brand of stain over another? What did that brand resolve for you that another was bad at? What problems do you still...
18
18

What is it? Set 366
I need some help with the last item in this set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2010/12/set-366.htmlRob
21
21

TV saw...
...anyone checked-out that counter-rotating saw that's been hyped on TV? Actually looks useful, *especially* if it's a good build... cg
5
5

sikai drawer slides
There is a company in my town that was bringing in Chinese cabinets. The guy has about 1,000 Sikai drawer glides. There are a couple of different lengths. I can get all of them for a very cheap price....
8
8

RE: The Outhouse
I haven't heard this one since I was a kid. Always liked it and it's popped into my head from time to time over the years. The way I remember it was that the kid's father asked the boy if he knew...
1
1