Subject Author Posted Replies

Drawer Making - Rob Cosman
Drawer Making - The Professional Approach by Rob Cosman 1.2 GB Cosman has been woodworking for most of his life. While earning a B.Sc. in Industrial Technology/Furniture Design at Brigham Young...

Making Mortise & Tenon Joints with Frank Klausz
Making Mortise and Tenon Joints with Frank Klausz 619 MB rely on the versatile mortise-and-tenon joint for making sturdy frames, panels, stools, tables and stands. Frank Klausz shows you how to make...

Scraping Wood with Rob Cosman
Scraping Wood with Rob Cosman 1.5 GB Wood - Bench side instruction on tuning, sharpening and using scraping tools. This is perhaps one of the most anticipated DVDs Rob has made. Many people own...

Rob Cosman's The Wood-Hinge Box
Rob Cosman's The Wood-Hinge Box 1.1 GB side instruction on turning bits to boxes. Rob shows you how to make the jigs to turn "would be" scraps into beautiful wood hinged boxes. Using a combination of...
8
8

TS Accessory Suggestions
The owner of a Rigid contractor's saw has been generous in allowing its use. In appreciation, my thought is to add some accessories for the season. For my own purposes, I've already equipped it with a...
16
16

Sketchup Cutlist 4.1.1 question
Is there any way to tell Cutlis 4.1 to use *multiple* different board widths and to either manualy assign a component to a board width or to best-fit a component to a board width? The problem is that...
2
2

Best pen kit at Woodcraft
I want to make a last minute gift this weekend so I can't order online. There is a Woodcraft near me and I have made a few of their slimline pens before which were nice. But I would like to make...
4
4

OT: Now THAT was some knee-slapworthy hilarity (Snow)
Got shat on big time. Just a foot, mind you, but some it was wet and back-breaking. Now it's all blowy out there and most roads in and out of Sarnia are closed. There's a wee bottle of brandy I've...
44
44

O/T: Richard Holbrooke
We lost one of the good guys today. Lew

OT - Elizabeth Edwards Funeral Protest
I agree with most of the nonviolent suggestions on this problem. Freedom of speech is a sacred part of our democracy. However, there is a very simple solution to this kind of bigotry. The news...
3
3

I'm off to get the drawer glides
I'm going to pick up a load of drawer guides. I'll post pictures, and if anyone's interested, they will be available for a good price. Steve

Wood ladders
I found this on another newsgroup and thought it would be of interest here It has to do with wooden ladders and fire departments. I suppose that might be of concern to homeowners. I thought it was...
3
3

OT - Predicting a Cold Winter
Predicting a Cold Winter  It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in South Dakota asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold  or mild.? Since he was a chief in a...
1
1

book & video recommendations
[snip] Here ya go, Ralph. Happy woodworking and merry Christmas from your pal, Sawmill Sammy... __ The Bandsaw Book Author(s): Lonnie Bird Publisher: Taunton Press Date : 1999 Pages : 204 Format : PDF...

Drill Press Question: drilling into tall pieces.
There's a project I have in mind that requires some precise and regular drilling, so it may be time to buy a drill press. I'd prefer to get a small benchtop model, but I have a problem. The project...
21
21