Subject Author Posted Replies

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
The house-sitter has arrived and our flight leaves in a few hours. Stay safe and enjoy this holiday season. Destination: Classified ("You have GOT to be nuts going there this time of year!!!") Be back...
9
9

Opinions Welcome: Ridgid Factory-Reconditioned 3/8 HP Oscillating Edge Belt/Spindle Sander
------------------------------ DUH! That should be Me bad. Lew
12
12

Preliminary Mini-Review - Grizzly G0453P "Polar Bear" Planer
... Of course, one could go horizontal for the elbow to get to the side of the machine for a local collector just as easy as overhead... --
4
4

Furniture restoration
I have an old White's sewing machine. Some say to strip it and redo it. I'm more for a light sanding, some staining and dark staining of gouges and then a light finish coat of clear. Or two. Either...
9
9

Drill Press Table
Well, I bought a Ridgid floor mount drill press a few years ago. It served my meager needs well until just recently when I discovered I needed a drill press table and fence. The problem I ran into is...
9
9

Vermillion / retaining color
Tempted to bleach it and dye it with a more stable pigment to keep it from fading to brown. Any better ideas?
1
1

Basic woodworking question
We just installed new cabinets. I need to put on knobs and drawer pulls. I need to make a template that will have a right angle corner to fit onto the face of each drawer to drill the holes for the...
18
18

O/T: Quack_____Quack
Been raining for the last two (2) days here in California. 2.50"-3.50" of rain, depending on location, has fallen here in SoCal the last 24 hours. Three (3) more days of rain forecast. As much as 15"...
12
12

Router Table DC hose placement
I'm midway to finishing my router table and I'm contemplating the placement of the Dust Collection connector hose. I've noticed most tables have the hose attached to the rear of the table (behind the...
15
15

Our Christmas present
Wellllllll the time has finally come. Kim and I will be doing the final walk through tomorrow, close on Tuesday, and start the move. Hopefullay we will not have much left to move by the following...
47
47

O/T: Grandpa And Revenue Canada
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------- Revenue Canada decides to audit Grandpa, and summons him to their office. The Revenue Canada auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his...
1
1

corrugated wood fasteners
Does anyone know how to drive these. I know that they are cheap and lousy ways to join wood but I have never been able to drive them successfully.
13
13

Woodshop Share San Francisco
Hi Folks- I'm new here but I thought that this might be a good way to reach out to some people interested in sharing a shop. This is my craigslist post Woodshop Share Available February 1, 2011...
3
3

All I want for Christmas.......
Nice I would like to have some, of the selection, my late Uncles had from who knows how long ago. I didn't much care for using them, as a kid but was fascinated by them.
14
14

HVLP needle vlave fluid size Question
I have a Rockler HVLP Spray gun and compressor, bought it from an old friend that never used it. It came with 2 needle valves. Have been using it and really like the results I get. I ended taken the...
4
4