Subject Author Posted Replies

Antique Chair?
this is a bit off topic. We bought an "antique" rocking chair. Wife has a bad back. It is probably from 20s or 30s. Sculpted bottom, turned rails etc. It is tight. I suspect the seller used some of...
5
5

bearings on the delta 14 inch bandsaw
My bearings were frozen up again. Even after cleaning both did not move well. I wound up blowing them out, I can't get the dust seal off. These are not like some bearings that allow the dust seal to...
24
24

Jointer electric problem
Jointer tries to start, partially revs up and then breaks the circuit. Any thoughts?
9
9

powermatic
school system is auctioning off a lot of powermatic equipment. Their pictures are bad with no descriptions, you would have to be close enough to inspect the sale items to even know what you would be...
2
2

Porter Cable 371k sander
Lowes has this sander on clearance for $80 but I read a few older reviews that stated there is a serious heat problem that develops very quickly. Has this problem been addressed in newer models? Is it...
8
8

Inspiration for router bit storage
Here's a plan that I liked for router bit storage. Mine's quite a bit like that but not. This is from woodsmith. No affiliation, blah, blah. Made it myself. Works great! the link works. RP
4
4

OT - Yoo-Hoo. There are more of us in here!
Just blows my mind. The northeast is inconvenienced by another, normal work of nature and it is a national news story. The MSNBC and CNN websites are clobbered up with stories. TV news stations are at...
19
19

project on FWW site
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site... The photo of the overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March....
14
14

Does this qualify as woodworking?
Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th shopping. to page two, and see what it looked like...
9
9

Another ignorant router table question
Does the size of the router box make a difference with the dust collection? Thanks
15
15

Paslode 16g Finisher
My wife bought one of these for me for Christmas. She also bought a box of fuel cells, an extra battery and tons of nails. I notice the fuel cells have an expiration date, about 9 months out. I asked...
12
12

Anyone Tried This Saw Blade Storage System?
I have five 10" saw blades, several 7" blades, and a big pile of saber / reciprocating saw blades that I would like to organize better. This system caught my eye: seems a bit pricey, but it might be...
56
56

OT? - Houston Tool Sale/Auction
Maybe one of you guys in the Houston area would be interested in checking this out: be worth inspecting (Dec 28th). The encumberances may be the killer, though. Sonny
5
5

Another excellent Lee Valley episode
I placed an online order for some stocking stuffers with Lee Valley, and chose the "expedited shipping" (3-day). A check I had deposited didn't clear like I thought it would, so the ATM order was...
4
4

Christmas lights
Off topic, but i know there's a lot of normal, reasonable people here. I'm thinking about starting a grand mess of lights for next year and putting them to music like so many are doing now. What i...
18
18