Subject Author Posted Replies

Rocking horse plans.
Any one know where to get ideas and or plans for a real looking rocking horse. One that is more or less anatomically correct and real looking. I would imagine you would glue bits of solid wood...
13
13

Small wood-work project for a present?
Hi, I have failed to brain-storm! I need a small wood-work project to make some thank-you presents for friends/family, and can't think of a thing. If you brain-stormed or just found a neat, small...
13
13

Austin TX: Lie Nielsen and Dowd's Tools at Fine Lumber, 01/07 and 01/08
If you're in the Austin TX area, I thought you might find this event to be of interest. I have no affiliation with any of the parties mentioned below. Dowd?s Vintage & Antique Tools will be in Austin...

CORRECTION / NJ WOOD SHOW 2/25 - 2/27
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/Shows/SomersetNJFeb27Mar1/tabid/92/Default.aspx

NJ Woodworking Show / Feb. 27 - Mar. 1 / $10
's worth it to buy tickets online to skip the entrance line. It's in Somerset, which is central NJ around New Brunswick....
7
7

Palm sander or random orbital?
Hi all, I need to buy a new sander, primarily for finishing. I was set to go get a palm sander, but a couple of friends are telling me I should get a random orbital instead. They claim that they can...
56
56

Bandsaw Magic
20 or 25 years ago at a Model Engineering Show in or somewhere near London there was a guy demoing a power jig saw. For a pound or two a child could write out his or her name on a piece of paper. He...
12
12

Patches
I cut notches in the wrong place on the top of a panel. I think the best solution will be to patch it by gluing pieces in the proper place and cutting the notches again. What can I do to disguise the...
18
18

Delta DC system for sale
I saw this on Craigslist and thought I'd share for anyone who may be interested. No, it's not mine nor am I associated with it. http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/2138597096.html

Ash for tool handle.
When you make a handle for a tool such as a garden hoe and choose ash... is the strength of a sapling close the diameter required similar to the strength of a blank cut from a mature tree?
8
8

ideas for dormer closet shelves
I have 4 closets alongside 2 dormers. The total depth is about 6 foot, but that tapers off with the roofline. The woodwork in the home is a medium tone dark stained oak (pine/ particle board in some...
3
3

OT: A few observations over the holidays.
If I heard it right, he gor 20 ea for the coyotes and 100 for the cat, but the cat was sold to somebody else, hardly worth it he says, but it was an experience for me. That's a whoooole different...
20
20

Porter Cable router bits
Are they any good? Is this a good deal?
10
10

For 2011 - Resolutions I Know I Can Keep
Two resolutions I know I can keep: 1. I vow to never remember where I laid down my pencil. 2. When buying new drill bits, I will open the box, take out the smallest bit, and immediately break it.
8
8

OT: Blackberry
Just one Ronnie left...pity. http://www.wimp.com/myblackberry/