Subject Author Posted Replies

Small ambient air cleaners - which one?
Hi all - I've got a small shop with a Onieda dust collector for various tools with for source collection, but I'm looking for ambient collection for dust that gets away from the main DC or from...
13
13

O/T: Marina Fire
'm on another list with a person who lives at this marina, he's OK. Fire got to within 4 boats of my friend. Shorepower connection defect is suspected as cause of fire. Just another example of how...
4
4

OT: Collection of album covers
Okay, which one is your favourite?
9
9

Amazon Heads Up
In general, Amazon offers some good deals. But there is a "however" documented by recent observations that deserves elaboration: 1. The price Amazon offered on one tool was more than 40% higher than...
59
59

Height Gauges
I just got a LCD Height Gauge (iGaging) for Christmas. I have no problem using it. It can be reset to zero at any one time. One of the function key is ABS: absolute measuring and incremental. Press...

Ping: Skeez
Re: Luger Display Box - nice gift. If I may, how about have a recognition plate made (local trophy shot), for the backside of the lid, with your Granddad's name, rank, and years (or exact dates) he...
2
2

Universal oscillating-tool blades
idea, maybe other companies will follow suit. Geez, made in the USA too. http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2082340/33118/Imperial-114-BiMetal-Blade-3-Pack.aspxGood
8
8

What is it? Set 370
I need some help with three of the items this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/01/set-370.htmlRob
31
31

Anyone using this neat dust router fitting
have a soft flexible silicon fitting to keep the dust from going back into your motor. Kind of beats my improvisation which gets a lot but not all of the dust.
3
3

Anybody here going to the Baltimore Woodworking show this weekend?
I'm heading there on Friday. Not much to look for but it's been an annual pilgrimage for 6 years. Also, Go Ravens! Marc (who plans to be working in his shop during the playoff game this Sunday)

I'd like your advice on a refinishing project I am working on
I put up a post on this problem back in early November but I am still stuck so I thought I would try again. 10 years ago I made a dresser out of red oak, applied golden oak stain, and finished with...
28
28

Heads up on Grizzly's Workbench tops
I am doing some butcherblock countertops for some hippies that built a yurt in the Ithaca, NY area and they wanted some cheap butcherblock tops on some cabinets I manufactured for them. I ordered some...
11
11

How To: Make Your Own Short Metal Rulers
Process is simple: - Grab your 5' aluminum straightedge/ruler to measure any object in the shop - Get a cell phone call - Set the ruler down on your miter saw - Finish the phone call - Respond to...
16
16

RE: Splinters In Her Crotch
If splinters count as wood, it's on topic. Enjoy Lew ------------------------------ A woman from Los Angeles, CA, who was an environmentalist, and an anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland near...
13
13

For Sale: Woodworking Kits
Excuse the advertisement but I think some people may be interested. I have (slowly) been working on starting a side business offering woodworking kits. I really want to be offering Craftsman style...
40
40