Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Joke
Donation Father O'Malley answers the phone. 'Hello, is this Father O'Malley?' 'It is!' 'This is the IRS. Can you help us?' 'I can!' 'Do you know a Ted Houlihan?' 'I do!' 'Is he a member of your...
4
4

Best air hose?
Need to buy a long (50-100 ft) air hose. All I've ever used are the heavy rubber type. Interested in maybe trying the newer polyurethane or other, but looking for recomendations from you all. Cold...
13
13

What is it? Set 374
Today's set of items has just been posted: Rob http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/02/set-374.htmlRob What is it?: Set 374
22
22

tambour doors. How to?
New TV. Big, and better half wants doors in front of it. I'm thinking tambour doors, but the Amana 3-bit set is expensive. The Rockler 2-bit kit is cheaper, but requires wires. Is there another way...
68
68

Punxsutawney
"NO Shadow at 7:25 AM; 34ยบ with snow and ice covering Gobbler's Knob."
6
6

Looking for a custom toolmaker
Anyone know a supplier of medium to large hole saw bits that are carbide equipped for production use? I have a customer looking for custom tooling for 2" to 5" hole sizes and would love to point them...
3
3

OT - Anyone Snowed In This Morning
Southeast Kansas: They ran the road grader down the road in front of the house two or three times yesterday. Can't even tell where the road is his morning. Our 120' driveway is knee to thigh high all...
37
37

Right angle drives, for drilling?
Specifically, the inexpensive Vermont American 17172. Will it support an 18 V cordless drill? Milwaukee makes a heavy duty version, part number 48-06-2871, and a lighter duty version 49-22-8510. Any...
13
13

Ping: Robatoy
I think I found a new toy for you. impressive. R Wood Werks Supply offers thousands of woodworking hardware, woodworking tools, & woodworking supplies in the great city of Columbus Ohio.
17
17

OT Damned txt messages come at the worst time!
"Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security...
9
9

OT: Grocery store
There is a guy in front of me at the grocery store check-out and in front of him is a woman. She puts on the belt: a single potato, a small container of milk, half a carton of eggs, 3 slices of ham, a...
60
60

Tool Safety -what happens when you forget
Group, I feel compelled to write this post, as a lurker of this newsgroup for some time, a poser of questions, a relatively newbie to serious woodworking and as someone who has survived a career in...
40
40

Backing board for a bulletin board?
I'm trying to create a cork bulletin board for my cube, but having trouble with ideas for the solid backing for the cork. My first attempt was to have two layers of 3/16" cork over hardboard. The...
17
17

OT/Give me a kiss
A tough looking group of bikers were riding when they saw a girl about to jump off a bridge, so they stop. The leader, a big burly man, gets off his bike and says, "What are you doing?" "I'm going to...
2
2

5" ROS choices?
Anybody have current suggestions? Have used the PC 333/334's for years but they're now 343/344 and 8-hole pad instead of 5. Anybody know if anyone's making a 5-hole any more? I am _not_ wanting to...
116
116