Subject Author Posted Replies

Faceshield
Anyone using a full face faceshield like this for any non-lathe woodworking (to satisfy Lobby, I'm looking for something that will fit in my dishwasher... ; ) ? Seems like I saw a few people wearing...
30
30

Jointer motor Part III
Thanks for the leads, guys. I'm going to take a look at a 2hp, 3450 RPM motor for $139 from Tractor Supply. I'll take the old motor with me to compare spindle and pulley sizes. Any "gotchas"? TS...
3
3

Just so ya'll know, Packers by 14
yup by 2 TD's... coming up... (They better, 'cuz I gots a 5-dollar bill on it...
12
12

OT: RIP Gary Moore
Dammit.... what a great guy and one helluva bluesman. My kinda blues. Just 58 years old... damn, damn, damn!!
2
2

Not really gloatworthy, but still
I was at the TSC store today and they had a bunch of power tools for sale, on special. One was a Porter Cable 1/2", two-speed drill (with clutch) 18 volt NiCd kit with two batteries, fast charger, 3...
5
5

O/T: Shrink vs Bartender
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------- EVER SINCE I WAS A CHILD, I'VE ALWAYS HAD A FEAR OF SOMEONE UNDER MY BED AT NIGHT. SO I WENT TO A SHRINK AND TOLD HIM: 'I've got problems. Every time...
4
4

Dishwater Motor
Yes, it may not be the motor. I had a Maytag many years ago start making noise, it got louder and louder over several months until it sounded like it was grinding gravel. A replacement pump solved the...
61
61

Help with some small projects
I have a few very simple projects I would like done and I don't currently have the space to set up my shop so I can do them. I was wondering if anyone out there with the tools and time would be...
1
1

Looking for a motor source
I've posted a couple times recently about the death of my jointer motor. The jointer is a nice Jet 6 inch built in the 70s. I think I paid about $150 for it and use it about a half dozen times a year....
18
18

Double Sided Tape measure
Saw something neat at Home Depot tonight. A double sided tape measure. Not only were the measurements printed on both sides, but the hook at the end was doubled sided as well. There are times when...
20
20

Sintered Bronze bearings for radial/perpendicular loads?
Generally speaking, how do Sintered Bronze bearings compare to ball bearings for radial/perpendicular loads? Thanks.
8
8

HP for band saw and drill press
What are the ideal HPs for these two tools? Thanks
3
3

OT: Now you see it...
now you don't. This links to a notion for hiding your monitor in a unique way. most workable alternative might be using a fixed camera which would constantly feed a picture of the selected space at an...
2
2

Instead of a right angle drive, how about a light duty T-drive?
Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is something like these. Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right angle drill attachment) General Tools 924 Metabo...
9
9

Old Violin
Found an old Stradivarius knockoff with some cracks that need gluing. I'm not looking to make some kind of profit on this. I just want it to play. Is it some kind of sacrilege to use old fashioned...
44
44