Subject Author Posted Replies

Woodworking Tools 1600-1900
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27238/27238-h/27238-h.htmbasilisk
6

looking for a church pew? (Baltimore area Craig's list)
I saw this on the Baltimore Area Carig's List under FREE. (link at the bottom) Marc Date: 2011-02-13, 10:28PM EST Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?] Over 40 church pews available. Must be picked...

Book: "Joiner and Cabinet Maker", 1839
I saw the book mentioned in the subject line mentioned on a recent episode of Roy Underhill's Woodright's Shop. Following up on it, I noticed that Christopher Schwarz has written an updated version...
12
12

Kick back in the dick
Cross cutting 3/8" x 2" x 18" ply on the TS to get a little 2" x 2 3/4" piece. I used the miter guage to get a square cut but DID NOT do a stop block on the fence as I should have so the cross cut...
26
26

OT: Yikes. AMAZING engineering.
thinks you're too heavy. :)
10
10

Looking for scrollsaw?
Heads up to anyone looking for a scrollsaw in the Baltimore area. Check tools listing on Craigslist. There is an RBI model 220-3 for $100. Maybe not the latest in scroll saws, very well regarded some...
2
2

retrofit nimh with nicads - posted a while back
Howdy; I seem to recall that a while back on the group, someone was dissatisfied with the cold weather performance of nimh celled cordless drill to the point of retrofitting the pack with nicad cells....
2
2

FYI...Tools in Texas
10" Powermatic Table Saw Model 66 - $150 (Pilot Point, TX) 3 hp 3 ph Motor, Switch, model 50 T-Square Fence. Other shop equipment available Table Saw, Panel Saw, Band Saw, Radial Arm Saw, Compound...

Cyclone Trash Can Separator
I purchased a Grizzly G1029Z2 2 HP dust collector a couple of months ago and it came with a "free" Woodstock Cyclone trash can separator lid. I thought the cyclone lid would be nice and would help...
4
4

Cutting aluminum plate on an ROS. Do-able?
I have a piece of 1/8 aluminum plate. I need to cut two strips with very straight edges to make a hinge mortising jig. 've cut aluminum on the bandsaw (which I don't like doing) but I want perfectly...
11
11

This Old Kitchen - Remodel Part 1 - Sausage Making
AKA, what some folks won't do just to get another kitchen job. Thought some might be interested in seeing the dreaded underbelly of a full monte kitchen remodel. (usually I have to build the house to...
14
14

DeWalt drill chuck shaft, inner thread spacing?
Anybody know what the inner thread dimensions of a DeWalt 18 volt compact drill might be? The chuck screws on the outer threaded area of the arbor/shaft (maybe 3/8 x 24 threads), but the inner part of...
5
5

Roy Season 30
Season 30 shows are on the web site... FINALLY! Local PBS doesn't see fit to show them and hasn't for years... e.g., http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/video/3000/3001.htmlJohn

Building new laundry unit
I was hoping to get a decent answer, but as usual, all i get are stupid replies to a logical question, and people wonder why groups are being deserted. A proper response would be appreciated, instead...
18
18

This Old House project Washington DC
Watching reruns of "TOH" and the local TV is running the Washington DC house. It's not holding up. For the project, the house was gutted to the brick walls and then rebuilt. They did a lot of work...
4
4