Subject Author Posted Replies

M&T, Pins and PVA glue
The recent and ongoing thread about Mortise and tenon joints and possible benefits (or not) of pinning the them, got me to thinking about the service lifetime of PVA glues. As far as I can remember, I...

What is it? Set 377
A new set of items has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
35
35

Q: grain orientation for exposed splines
It seems to me that no matter how you cut it, corner splines are gonna' show 45 deg grain. How do you guys cut your splines? Long grain perpendicular to miter joint? Long grain parallel to miter...
2
2

Paint remover
I have found Citistrip the best paint remover I have ever used. However it says it will remove polyurethane (it will not even touch it) but all other things it works great on. Also I have some truck...
1
1

Domino Bathroom Drawers
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my portion spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. I built the drawers, so far 23 for 3 bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms...
53
53

Does a Domino make a Mortise & Tenon joint?
An interesting question in one of the pro forums: ===== "I make some chairs using Festool Dominos. Is it ok to call the joinery "mortise and tenon"? I suppose a more accurate description would be...
43
43

Ryobi Planer Sale at the Home Depot
I am on the Home Depot Email list. They had the Ryobi AP1301 13" portable planer on the ad today for $199. The Home Depot Web site still listed it at $229. So I printed out the email and took it in to...
5
5

Coping Sled in Wood Mag
I saw a coping sled plan that was part of a Wood Mag article Mar 2011 article "How to Build Cabinets the Quick-an-Easy Way". Not a very good article in my opinion, at least not good cabinet design but...
1
1

O/T: Shopping At Target
Need a funny this afternoon? Enjoy Lew --------------------------------- KEN THE RETIRED HUSBAND After I retired, my wife, Reeta insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Target. Unfortunately,...
4
4

OT: One for Lew
A circus owner runs an ad for a lion tamer and two people show up. One is a retired golfer in his late sixties and the other is a gorgeous blonde in her mid-twenties. The circus owner tells them, "I'm...
4
4

Awesome glue
Someone posted about an awesome glue they bought at a trade show in Florida. I can't find the post now. What was the name of the glue? Thanks, s
3
3

OT: Stuff that cracks me up, part 23
Some stuff just hits me funny... this is one of them: http://www.wimp.com/mindingbusiness/
15
15

Metrication.
Anybody ever attempt to do woodworking or carpentry using metric measurements? I attempted it once after a fellow woodworker convinced me he liked it better and it was easier. I got so confused and...
42
42

Broken Craftsman scroll saw available FREE
It's a 16" Variable Speed scroll Saw, model # 113.236150. About 10 years old, hardly used. Friend had it stored in his garage, apparently something fell on it and busted the "housing", a "C"-shaped...