Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 380
This week's set of photos has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/03/set-380.htmlRob
45

Must See: I'd really like to meet whoever did this!
What better way to spend an afternoon and a few beers. http://mind2it.com/userfiles/images/woodpile.jpg
2
2

Sears Router UPDATE:
Just thought I would pass along that my Sears Router (130-26620) turns out to be a rebranded Bosch. I received my Bosch RA1165 under table base and it works perfectly. Thanks to all of you that...

Why do I do this?
------------------------ "Bill" wrote: --------------------------------- Standard terms and conditions provided as part of any written quote. Lew
13
13

Re: Dishwasher motor
The dishwasher motor still grinds away, but I seem to have passed the "replace the torsion spring" on garage door test tonight. I don't remember whether it was quarter turn number 16 or 26 that the...

Master of the obvious
So quite frequently I fond myself having to fit counters around large posts in our timberframes. And the standard roundover on these posts, if any, is a 3/8" radius. So rather than template to the...
1
1

Brutal honesty. Despair to follow.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7575301JP
17
17

Guitar repair
I have a classical guitar on which the strings pulled the bridge off the soundboard. The bridge actually split with half remaining on the soundboard and the other half pulled off by the strings. Is...
11
11

Japan/Building Materials
I am very saddened by Japan's plight. That said, what does it imply about the market for building materials (or similar)? Is there adequate supply to meet their upcoming needs? Bill
10
10

making triangle
Hi, I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and 5.25 and 4 inches deep. Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, which means I need to make miters of 33.1 and...
5
5

Are the Amish Known for Their Pocket Holes? :-)
We were in a cabinet store, just looking for ideas. There was a great lacking in craftsmanship, even in their high end line, especially in the box construction. There was not a drop of glue to be seen...
15
15

2" long 3/8 straight router bit?
I am building a kitchen island and I'm using 3.5x3.5 maple legs. I want to put cross pieces into them with mortise and tenon joinery. The cross pieces are 5.5" wide and I was going to use a 3/8" tenon...
19
19

What did I miss?
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and...
15
15

Hardwood "ragging" through thicknesser
Hi, I hope you are all well We use Sapele (2") to make doors but are experiencing this problem when feeding it through the thicknesser. can be seen from the photos, it's not across the whole piece...
12
12