Subject Author Posted Replies

Bostitch 1850-bn and compressor
I recently purchased this brad nailer and compressor, which included four fittings. I can't seem to get any of them to work with the nailer. Anyone have this tool? Any help would be appreciated!...
3
3

Repairing/refinishing a divided light door
I was doing some work at my MIL's house yesterday and I finally pulled the old divided light doors I had been eyeing up out from behind a mountain of other stuff. After I got them home and took a...
7
7

Staple gun recommendation
I think I need a pneumatic stapler for a project. Will be installing a 1/4" layer of plywood over an old 1950s 3/4" plywood floor that has a few weak spots and had vinyl flooring on it. Still have...
32
32

Sucessful refinishing project with thanks to Robert Witte
Back in early January I posted a request for help. I needed to refinish an oak dresser I had made to come closer to some new bedroom furniture we had purchased that was cherry with some kind of a dark...
3
3

Best Wide Crown Manual Staple Gun?
I need to staple thin aluminum flashing to pine. I have an old Arrow T50M gun, which doesn't quite have enough oomph to sink a 3/8" long staple flush. I could try using 1/4" or 5/16" long staples, but...
12
12

Woodworking Magazine Index Update
Hey everyone. Just wanted to announce that the Woodworking Magazine Index o= f over 23,000 article listings now supports project pictures! With the inde= x you can quickly find the article you are...
9
9

OT: replacing/repainting microwave interior?
Our RV microwave started sparking today.. The wheels for the turntable have worn the "floor" surface down and allowed it to rust and lift the surface.. I didn't want to paint it because of possible...
8
8

Favorite Quick Grip style clamp
So I've been working on a job site where a guy has a pair of Quick Grip style clamps made by Channel Lock (Channellock?). They are light blue with red pads, and I think they are my favorite of the...
12
12

Painted Cabinets before and after
Posted a question a few weeks ago on primer to use on cabinets. It was suggested to use Zinsser Bin. Glad I took the advice made my life easier. Anyway here's a link to the before and afters of the...

rec.woodworking ANTIFAQ Part 0 of 10 - Outline
Here it is again just the outline for your edification. I'm too lazy to post the whole thin, so you can look it up at: 's ANTI-FAQ Revised 1 April, 2005 OUTLINE 1. GENERAL 1.1 INTRODUCTION 1.2 POSTING...
1
1

In keeping with the spirit of the day, a really stupid joke.
Definition of Hole Saw; What Tarzan exclaimed when Jane bent over in front of him.

B ck from my t ble ccident
I should h ve been w tching closer to wh t I w s doing! You get distr cted nd the next thing you know piece of your h nd i flying cross the room. Cut off the b by finger of my left h nd pulling b ck...
17
17

Center undermount drawer slides impressions...
Follow-up on the previous discussion re: finding slides to fit existing drawers w/ a better feel than the old roller glides lacking drawer depth for the Blum or similar undermounts... Installed one...

New twist on "live" performance
The hazards of working with unseasoned wood. . . "Last month the workers [at a Chinese piano maker's factory] were astonished when one of their baby grands (the IV-I model) started to sprout a...
4
4

Awesome new Bosch 21" Sander!
Hello everyone, I was lucky enough to get a prototype of a new Bosch 21" sanding pad. Check it out, ?v=lqJE0Pb1OY4Works Great! Thanks for looking, David - Tool Guy
5
5