Subject Author Posted Replies

Name of clamp?
At about 1:56 of this YouTube video, the violin maker is using a clamp that I haven't seen before. Does anyone know what it's called? I'm going to order a few.
13
13

O/T: Easter Joke
From one of my sailing friends in Vancouver, BC Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------- A Blonde Explaining Easter Three blondes died and found themselves standing before St. Peter. He told...
1
1

Finish line
OK, I am building a racetrack for a local boys club for pine box derby. I have all the dimensions and such that I must adhere to, and I am trying to add a little local flavor to the deal by building a...
13
13

OT: Time lapse aurora / short film
Other films in the sidebar are also good. Full screen option is worthwhile. http://vimeo.com/21294655

Ping: Swingman
Thanks for the files! http://www.garagewoodworks.com/GW_Sketchup.php

Router Value
Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617 and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know the HP and if someone has that info, that would...
7
7

Advice needed on drawer sliders
have 4 drawers on top about 3" x 17" each, side by side. Then 2 very large drawers below, on on top of the other about 36" by 9". The depth of the inside of the cabinet will be 20 1/2" or 21 3/4"...
13
13

Book: Shop Class as Soulcraft", by Matthew Crawford
Anyone here have any comments about it? Someone mentioned it in another forum (an unlikely one) and made it sound interesting. Bill
4
4

OT: Nova Scotia stomping grounds
Angela was born and raised here. At 0:46 in the video, you see a shot of the ferry, something she saw every day of her youth as she lived right there looking at the ferry. It is an amazing place to...
9
9

Illegal Rosewood harvesting in Madagascar
Better formatting and video on original webpage: guide Armand Marozafy shows how precious rosewood trees are illegally logged in Madagascar. Rosewood traders turn up in villages on the Masoala...

OT- Windows Live Mail
How do you delete NG messages in Windows Live Mail? (other than one at a time) Thanks, Max
28
28

Terms of endearment - "TwoBy"
Interestingly enough my father-in-law, with his heavy English accent would refer to some building lumber as "two bee" (limey accent). I do not usually hear this phrase in my neck of the woods, near...
13
13

Ripping 12 foot PT TwoBy
I have a "selection" of cull lumber bought 65 percent off from the local LOWES (some was seventy-five off, and some is worth it). Included ar six two by twelves (pressure treated) twelve feet long...
15
15

Lacquer Drying Issue
I mistakenly mixed about 2 oz of pre-cat catalyst to a gallon of lacquer, 1/2 oz more than what was called for. It never occurred to me to simply add more lacquer. Anyway, my first coat of finish...
3
3

Give me your SketchUps!
Give me your SketchUp files! I am implementing a new feature at GW. A shared SketchUp database for Furniture and Jigs! I plan on creating a separate, easy to navigate page for downloading the files...
3
3