Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Lost a dear friend, very skilled accountant and above all, my dad.
Robatoy wrote in news:337a195f-cee9-487e-a285- Yes, these things happen. It's good that you are not far from your parents. I made too many trips back to Holland in days past ... As far as Warfarin...
61
61

Attaching drawer fronts to drawers
I have completed an entertainment center with 6 drawers, 3 on the left side and 3 on the right side. Each drawer is 1/2" baltic birch plywood and the drawer fronts are teak to match the rest of the...
11
11

Kinda like woodwork, trim and stuff.
R: Very nice. Fine calligraphic choice. Smart spacing. Wise finish with the clear coats. The people at the facial reconstruction clinic will love it even in Braille. Regards, Edward Hennessey
27
27

Gloat: Actual wood subject
I won a locally avaiable eBay auction for a Lobo Horizontal Boring machine with a two drill gear head for $127.50. Of course it is California so there is 10% sales tax and they want a $50 handling fee...
4
4

What is it? Set 389
I need some help with the second one this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
24
24

O/T: Perfect Husband
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------- Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cellular phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk....

Lizzie Borden Table
was this when the axe question was asked? This raises the wonder of what is the most unusual item you've seen incorporated into a table. My nomination is a huge wooden form for making a sandcasting...
2
2

Anvil (found)
A 100# anvil with "England" and "JB" cast on it will be auctioned locally at an estate auction house tomorrow. My online "research" indicates the JB stands for John Brooks and that it made before...
29
29

doll sleigh bed pattern
I am looking for a pattern for a doll sleigh bed. I'm thinking around 24" long. Does anyone know a good place to get patterns?

Arsewipe garbage men
John Grossbohlin wrote the following: Before we had the hydraulic garbage trucks, the cans and such had to lifted into the truck by the helpers. This included anything left outside of the cans. Now,...
11
11

Transplanting A Live Oak Tree
Sonny wrote the following: Good luck with the move. I would suspect that it would take 2 cranes working in tandem to lift and put it on a heavy duty flatbed, like the kind used to transport large...
24
24

Who is on Facebook?
Leon wrote the following: How did you know to shake the yellow striped green wire? If you shook one of the other wires, the bomb could've gone off.
57
57

Finish
I have come across a couple of pieces in the last few months that folks have asked me to either duplicate or restore. The problem is matching the finish. On both pieces, the finish was a...
2
2

WWII Footlocker refinishing
This weekend I received my father's foot locker that he used in WWII. It is in good condition, with some cosmetic problems. I am looking for ideas from people who have restored one of these old foot...
3
3

OT: FS Shopsmith mark V Model 505 w/ acc.
A client of mine recently passed away and his wife is selling his tools. He had listed this at $3000 in his 'tool will' but she reduced it to $2,000. He had $6k invested since 1982. Shopsmith,...