Subject Author Posted Replies

On Topic: Memorial Day
I wanted to take a minute and thank all those that served or are serving our United States of America. A very special thanks indeed, for those that have made the extra sacrifices that soldiers are...
15
15

O/T: Lew's Maw Maws Slaw
With this weekend marking the beginning of outdoor BBQ season cole slaw makes a great side dish. The problem finding a good tasting cole slaw can be a real problem. Below is a recipe I basically stole...

Philips Wood screws
There are two kinds of Philips wood screws. The better ones fit the screwdriver like hand and glove, stay on it and maintain the direction. The "other kind" do not, they wiggle out and are a huge pain...
45
45

Gloat
I've had a few decent finds on CL, but this one tops 'em all. Bosch 1613 EVS 2hp plunge router; Rockler router table; 8 decent half-inch shank bits, a nice variety of finger boards and hold-downs, two...
21
21

What is it? Set 390
2255: Don't know for sure, but for some reason this big ol' wheel immediately made me think 'circus wagon'... Erik
19
19

spraying water borne finish
I have been spraying Benjamin Moore's Impervo. It is a water borne acrylic. After a lot of testing I can now get a very acceptable finish. The equipment I have is a 4 stage Fuji with a gravity feed...
9
9

OT: Ping Basilisk
Your pic in abpw: me of a sign on I-49, between Carencro and Sunset, La. "For Sale. Cajun Squirrel Dogs". I'm still trying to figure out if they mean Cajun squirrels or Cajun dogs. I'll have to take a...
20
20

Deal or not? JessEm Mast-R-Lift at Grizzly for $200
A neighbor down the street just received his Friday. It is direct drive (no belt, even though the 1st picture on the Grizzly ad clearly shows a belt). Seems to be quite heavy and quality made. It's...
6
6

O/T:Deviled Eggs
This past weekend, attended a pot luck retirement party. Rather than pick up something at the local deli, decided to make some deviled eggs. What follows is the recipe I've developed by "borrowing"...
10
10

Glue to repair delaminting plywood
I recently discovered that an area at the top corner of a swinging plywood door just below my kitchen sink has delaminated very significantly. The door is ~ 22" x 16". There's space up to 1/8 inch in...
15
15

First day using my router
Note: I wrote more than I intended to. If you have lots of important things to do, you should probably skip this post. I like to try to amuse those who have tried to teach me so much. I am in the...
5
5

Spraying Latex with HVLP
I have a Graco 3 stage HVLP. Love it for shellac, lacquer, poly, dye, etc. I bought a bigger tip. I have a 2qt pot that takes pressure from my compressor then a material line out to a gun which has...
23
23

Arrival of Summer
Aye! I watch TV just hoping the T-Mobil girl commercial comes on. I have ATT service, and I heard they were acquiring T-Mobil. I hope so, becasue that'd take us down to 5 degrees of separation. -Zz
27
27

OT: I'm speechless. ( yea, it happens)
The outpouring of well-wishes and condolences have left me in a state of 'holy shit!' Ang and I are very thankful for this bunch of rag-tag wood-dorkers. That's why I come here. we talk about anything...
1
1

Wood Shop Redux (the old shop *is* the new shop) Part 1-Storage Wall
My old shop building (since 2001): succumbed to subsidence in 2008 and the equipment was moved to a temporary location: have since remodeled the old building, brought it back to a hopefully usable...
20
20