Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: NBA FInals
Regardless of your interest in professional basketball or what team you support, if any, the current NBA finals are great entertainment. Lew
76
76

New Dimensions in Woodworking
I've been lurking for several years on and off, and finally have time to be more active with my hobbies. Retired a year ago, and I've spent most of my time building my shop up with tooling to build...
20
20

Re:Limited Offer of Laser Services
I've been lurking on this group for several years on and off, and have gathered quite a bit of great advice from you guys. Thanks to all who have helped me learn, and probably didn't even know it! :)...

Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple
's an an article you'll probably agree with. After you read it you can substitute your favorite "tools that have gone bad..." Bill...
35
35

Stanley 129 set-up question - corrected link
First, yes, I've Googled it - for days. 1. I've never used a plane. 2. I've read a few books on planes and I know that they are sharp. 3. I have the combination of of my g-g-grandfather's plane and a...
3
3

OT But Germane
This post was inspired by Robatoy's post re energy waste using single lever faucet. Some years ago I read the results of a study conducted by a local power company. They installed a TV camera to...
8
8

Stanley 129 plane setup question
First, yes, I've Googled it - for days. 1. I've never used a plane. 2. I've read a few books on planes and I know that they are sharp. 3. I have the combination of of my g-g-grandfather's plane and a...
9
9

OT: Separate hot and cold valves on kitchen taps save energy.
Can you still use RoundUp or weed killer sprays? It's fertilizers I'd have banned, were I King. Maybe it's because the weed'n'feed crap doesn't work well at killing anything that they outlawed it....
168
168

Re: Wood Shop Redux (the old shop *is* the new shop) Part 3- Drawers
I'll never be able to answer the question about being too rich, perhaps I'll be able to answer as to whether you can have too many drawers?...
5
5

What is it? Weekend Edition 12
People send me a lot of unusual items that they are looking to identify, maybe a third of them get posted on the web site, the rest don't make it for one reason or another, although I've got hundreds...
21
21

Hey, a woodworking post!
I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer. Pictures at a.b.p.w. The bed is not very exciting as the customer wanted a large flat surface to hang material on while assembling...
52
52

half-blind handcut dovetails
Just how lame would it be for me to do the half-blind on my wife's repro TJ writing desk by doing through dovetails and laminating a face over that? I am fairly certain that the throughs will be...
1
1

How to clean plastic-bristled brush used for applying polyurethane? (Ecofriendly process preferred ...)
I have a woodworking project I'm starting but don't know how to clean the brush after applying coats of polyurethane. Any recommendations? Thanks.
24
24

Industrial accident
We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I...
22
22

Stinky wet clothes
I know a bit off topic for this group, but i know there are knowledgeable people here. Ok, so i neglect a vacant house all winter and guess what? The sumps fail. So now i have many sterlite tubs full...
11
11