Subject Author Posted Replies

Plans Help
Ok, this is actually a woodworking request for help. I am building a Shaker Hall Table. Plans are from Woodsmith Issue 61, for those who want to follow along. The plan calls for the front and back...
9
9

OT: F1 from Montreal
Damned rain.
10
10

Tablesaw Sled Hold Down Clamps?
I want to finally build a sled for ripping waney-edged boards on my tablesaw, and am thinking of using this style of hold down (seems more easily adjustable than the toggle clamps I had planned to...
25
25

Miter Gauge purchased
As a follow up to my questions and the many answers as to "Now which miter gauge"? I bought one. It was a hard decision that did not come quickly. After many e-mail exchanges with Woodhaven and Incra...
21
21

Oak Molding
How can I attach 25 feet of quarter-round oak molding to drywall? What kind of nails should I use? How long should the nails be? Do I pre-drill the oak molding? (I do not have a nail-gun).
28
28

Laquer over paint
Going to be making some small wood items and some will be spray painted. Will a couple coats of spray laquer work well over the paint?
8
8

OT - NBA versus NFL
NBA versus NFL 36 have been accused of spousal abuse 7 have been arrested for fraud 19 have been accused of writing bad checks 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses 3 have...
3
3

OT: Got a really cool e-mail.
A local electrical contractor went on a journey. He has gone on and on about this as long as I can remember but here you go: (Just for us..bad language..LOL) buddy Dave printed the logo and Gregg did...

What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?
I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. I have some clamps and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things like air compressors.
57
57

Ping Rich, in CA
If you, or anyone else, are near Temecula, CA., there may be some reasonable lumber and tools available here: Industrial Recovery Service (IRS) is a recognized leader in the selling of used industrial...
4
4

OT: Al little
To save you from reading this again I will top post Package of peanuts notes...Open before eating Beer bottle with twist off cap....Remove cap before drinking. Found these in a Consumer Reports...
78
78

What is it? Set 392
I need some help with the second last one this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
34
34

Going Green(er)
Putting in a 6.44kw solar electric system through on a 20 year lease. I'll let you know next year if it's all that's advertised - although to this point, they seem abnormally professional. Details to...
20
20

Photo to 2D CAD conversion?
Recommendation re: subject line? Want to do some remodel; thought if possible would like to start w/ import of a photo of existing elevation of the affected side; would make roof line angles, etc.,...
11
11

Custom windows
I need to replace some old sliding windows in my home and thought I may just build a single, fixed unit that is 35 x 53. Hopefully, with a better quality glass -- maybe even double insulated etc. I...
9
9