Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT - Google Plus for grins ... UPDATE
What started out as an experiment is rapidly exceeding my expectations. At the present I have 41 woodworkers from around the world in my "woodworking circle" on G+; with many of the participants being...

Portable Jefferson Writing Desk Finished
Jefferson desk is finished. See it here: 'ohBoy http://lumberjocks.com/projects/52673.D
6
6

What is it? Set 403
I need some help with number 2332 in this set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
19
19

O/T: Love This Phone Call
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------
18
18

Fine Homebuilding Office Design Contest
Just for grins I submitted my own "Texas Tansu" office furniture. If you get a chance, enter yours, and/or stop by and click on the thumbs up button/comment, or both ... and I'll do the same: ...
2
2

OT: To all you East-coast quake surfers.....
Welcome to my world! It can get pretty exciting. -Zz "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
8
8

Vera Mahina: Sawdust and Formaldehyde
Always wear a mask to avoid inhaling toxic fumes, plywood, particle board, strand-board, etc, all contain formaldehyde: thus, wearing a mask is not a choice, it is a necessity.
1
1

More old planes
With advice from some of the helpful folks here, I had a modest success cleaning up and then using one of my Dad's old block planes. The experience has left me more curious about planes in general. I...
21
21

O/T: A Damn Fine Explanation
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------- The wife came home early and found her husband in their bedroom making love to a very attractive young woman. And she was somewhat upset. 'You are a...
4
4

EMT Design Question
I put a pdf file on my website which shows my current thinking about making an HTTN run through conduit. Evidentally, Rigid (EMT) is a better choice than Flexible Metal Conduit. BTW, the EMT that is...
25
25

Sheetrock?
Is sheetrock still questionable, regarding Chinese formaldehyde, or is "today's" sheetrock still questionable? Is there a USA manufacturer, for safe sheetrock? Sonny
13
13

Shopnotes and Woodsmith magazines for sale- one dollar each
(and apologies to those who are offended by people trying to seel stuff through this forum) see link read pastage below. Hey Gang, I have several back issues of both magazines for sale and I want one...
2
2

Hole spacing--- Thanks!
Wow! Thanks all for your responses, I really appreciate it. It's probably gonna be a day or so before I can really sit down and read thru all of this. Leon, I did see the drawing, thanks. Gonna save...
7
7

Hole spacing
My math skills are non existent beyond basic math, and I'm trying to figure out how to space holes evenly along a center line in an area. Let's say I have a rectulanglar block, 6" long ,less 1/4" on...
117
117

RE: OT: Just a Thought
Baldy, I just now finished reading that outrageously funny, totally irreverent, and fascinating book. I agree. Required reading! _The Last Centurion_ was not to be found at my local library, so I...
2
2