Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone near Kenosha WI? 100 tools for one-hundred bucks
w/ a buy-it-now. it was near me.... William http://www.ebay.com/itm/1900s-Woodworkers-Tool-Box-Over-100-Tools-Included-/260854310839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbc20e7b7#ht_500wt_1086Wish...
3
3

HO Buildings from scrap wood
I know we've got a few model railroaders in here, so I'd like to share the results of my latest experiment. I made a building "box" out of wood and used the wood as a guide for attaching styrene to...
3
3

Doug Miller
I hold a Washington State Master electrian license. Doug has put me in place a few times on NEC residential home code. I haven't wired a home in 35 years. I think everyone is trying to hold him to...
3
3

Varnish and lacquer
Dear Experts, What do people here know about the different types of varnish, lacquer and other clear gloss wood finishes? I have made a small object from black walnut and I would like to finish it...
30
30

OT:(Kinda) One man's basement remodel.
The link to the video below is neat. I wish I had the guys ability and time:
8
8

OT Mariano Rivera - lumberjack
"Chuck Schupp of Louisville Slugger estimated Rivera averaged at least one broken bat for every two of his 1,038 regular-season games and 94 postseason appearances. At the rate required for...
13
13

Pen Holder Needed
Searching my old catalogs - sure someone sold those little pen holders as used in this example: in this one, too: {keyword}&adtype=plaThe kind you drill a small hole in the project and fit the base in...
8
8

Walnut Tree - What to do with it?
OK, I cut it down when, according to my "woodsman" neighbor, the moon was right. Now, since I can't find anyone with a portable mill or anyone willing to transport and mill the logs, I thought to try...
15
15

Plough Plane made by 12 year old
To whoever was looking for plough plane plans a week or so back: http://www.leevalley.com/us/newsletters/Woodworking/6/1/collection.htmRegards...

Air Exchanger for Woodshop
I was thinking of putting an air exchanger in the woodshop to allow me to paint in the colder months. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations that they'd like to share. John
10
10

Oak floor too slick
House is 6 years old. We are first occupants and have been living here for 2 years. The house has nice finished in place oak floors. The floor near the bedroom has become slick, ie. polished smooth. I...
19
19

Labeling Shop Cabinets?
I have quite a few cabinets in my garage shop, and have recently been adding more (all made of wood). While I love the organization and keeping dust out of things, it is often difficult to remember...
44
44

Interesting glue-up
The glue-up of the curved, corner section of a 1 1/2" thick desk wall (laminate of two, 3/4" thick, birch plywood sections): "Plastic Resin" glue; applied in early AM temperatures (78 degrees in shop...
26
26

Best degreaser for new machine?
What's everyone using these days? Mineral Spirits? Have a few new machines and need to dig in and get them setup soon.
14
14

What is it? Set 406
2352 abatis