Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting down a solid-core door
The last time I did this I burned up my circular saw, or more specifically, the brushes. I cut four doors that day, in fairly quick succession. I'm no genius with a circular saw, but I thought I had...
66
66

What is it? Set 408
I'm not going to be able to post the answers for this set until Sunday, and I'm not sure if I'll have access to a computer over the next few days but I think most of these will be identified by then.
8
8

Drawer slides
I'm building a kitchen cart and am looking for drawer slides that allow the drawer to be opened from either side. Self closing would be ideal. Any ideas? TIA Larry
10
10

Epoxy-sealed outdoor furniture
I'm in the planning stages for an outdoor table, which LOML does not want to have the rustic weathered wood look, and which I don't want to refinish every year. I am intrigued by the technique...
14
14

sandpaper requirements estimating
Is there any rule of thumb for estimating how much sandpaper is needed for say, a 1 sq. yard of surface? Am refinishing a salvaged/gift table, and it is taking more than I thought. For one thing the...
7
7

A good screw-ing
McFeeley's has its 25-25-25 deal on thru Oct. 2. 25 units of 25 different screws for $25. That's 625 screw for $25 -- or 4 cents a pop. deal, methinks. Larry...
1
1

Re: drill attachment
Skilled woodturner with a skew chisel who did nothing but turn bats all day.
10
10

Columbian 6cm2 vise
Another visit to my parents house, and another look around their garage. I should mention here, without being too specific online, that a confluence of events over the last year has made it imprudent...
10
10

cncrouter and grape design
My husband has a cnc router and we are looking for the grape and vine clip art that is used a lot on the backs of benches. We always see this design especcially around amish country. Does anyone know...
3
3

Mason & Sullivan Vienna Regulator Clock Plans (2023 Update)
I have instructions and plans to build a Mason & Sullivan Regulator clock in a 1987 Woodworker?s Journal if you still need instructions. I would also like to find a movement for a Vienna Regulator...
38
38

Stop burning and burying of local trees and wood - we the people petition
We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for the moment and calling it green energy or using it as...
22
22

Nice ebay listing :-)
Ebay item 180726587776 Just in case it's pulled here is some of the text ! You are bidding on a TomTom Go 700 This was my wife's, may her knicker draw be infested with the fleas of a thousand...

New shop getting closer
Electrical mostly done. Dust collection routing next. Also lots of machine setup and tune. 1. Repair Powermatic Dovetailer power switch, broken handle, learn how to use it and tune it up 2. Go through...
5
5

Bottle Jack Fluids
Hi, I got caught short with fluid in some bottle jacks. They had sat unused for mny years wthout so when I got them out, they were so low on fluid that none of them would rise by more then an inch or...
5
5

What is it? Set 407
I need some help with the unusual metal box in this week's set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob