Subject Author Posted Replies

Artistry in Wood show this weekend in Ohio
FYI ... Artistry in Wood ... Miss the Largest Wood Carving and Wood Working show in the United States. The 2011 Artistry in Wood show is Bigger and Better than Ever! Saturday, Nov 12th 10-6, Sunday...

New planer - new jig - new problem
I bought a new planer (Dewalt 735) and made a new sharpening jig for the knives. On my old planer the knives would sit in the cutterhead on springs and be set with a jig. My new planer has the knives...
6
6

What is it? Set 414
I need some help with three of the items this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
33
33

Coffee Bean
I just bought a small load of assorted hardwoods from a SE Kansas mill/ dealer. He had some Coffee Bean, also called it Buckeye, and he said it came from Kentucky. I bought 5 or 6 nice wide planed...
25
25

OT - Useful iPhone / iPad App?
Hello, I thought that perhaps some of the iPhone / iPad users here might find this interesting. As I own neither of these devices, I'd be interested in hearing feedback from those here who do. The...
2
2

Discovery!
When you're a novice you have these little Eureka! moments. These are most often followed by the news that 1. Everyone Else Already Knows How To Do It, or 2. Your "discovery" is an ass-backward way of...
3
3

The problem I have with a laser on a DP
Here is I my problem I have with the laser on a/my DP. The bit gets in the way unless it is raised up higher than necessary. The resolution "EVEN on the THIN line is double the width of the marked...
18
18

drill press problem
In the course of making a hammered dulcimer, I needed to drill some holes at 38 degrees for braces between the two pin blocks. After much muttering and adjusting, I got the table to lock down at that...
27
27

Porter Cable Drill Press
I bought the 1HP Porter Cable drill press at Lowes for ~$300. Loving it. Can I say I love the laser that throws an X to mark the spot. This is one gimick worth the time to keep working and calibrated....
36
36

BowSaur
Something for the BowSaur fanatics (it's not my project): Poplar Bow Saw Junior - by jjw5858 @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community
9
9

i need a number!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how many vacation/personal/not other wize coded/whatever you want to call them days you got left for the year??
10
10

Woodworking Show this weekend
If you live on Long Island (or nearby), be sure to check out the woodworking show this weekend at Old Bethpage Village. Sponsored by the Long Island Woodworkers, it's a great show with projects on...
6
6

Waterlox Application
I went to a (slightly unusual*) Woodcraft store on Saturday and bought, among other things, a can of Waterlox. I made a few quick test pieces and applied some of the Waterlox without any attempt to...
3
3

Andy Rooney's Desk (revisited)
I saw several glimpses of Andy Rooney's desk during 60 Minutes tonight so I did a search to see if there was any info about and found this 60 Minutes archive. A RECDOTsearch also revealed this was on...
2
2

Small, fairly simple project-plan(s)?
Greetings, I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s) for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of animal shapes, etc)? I have a little...
22
22