Subject Author Posted Replies

dust collector questions
Thinking of getting one. Probably the Jet 1000 with the vortex. But I'm wondering about the collection bags. I haven't located this info online but how often might I need to replace bags and how much...
30
30

"Woodworking in Action" online magazine - Where did it go?
I bought a subscription. They didn't post anything new for a long time, and not the browser can't find them.
2
2

Well I've never done that before
I suppose all of us at one time or another have managed to install the blade backwards on our tablesaw and wondered why the hell the thing wasn't cutting worth a damn, but I've never had it happen on...
45
45

Performax 16/32
The feed belt broke on my 16/32 sander second time So I'm sure everyone familiar with this sander will agree feed belt is the weak link. So I just ordered the upgraded rubber feed belt, the...
14
14

This is testing? Set 415
Rob posted this set Thursday: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Burns
8
8

Mid-size Plunger Router - with dust collection!
I'm starting to look for a new plunge router, at least 2.25 hp, preferably with good dust collection. I've been switching back and forth between a PC 690 with a plunge base and a PC 7539, which is a...
8
8

WEG 5HP Compressor Motor - Dual Capacitor - 208-230 Volts Single Phase.
Does anyone have a WEG 5HP Dual Capacitor 203-230 volts Single Phase Electric Motor in their shop?. I need the capacitor values. Model 0898 AP77935. The motor is usually found on a compressor. I am...

Moisture meter & slabs
So, with the Andy Rooney video fresh in our minds, I took my wife to the woodworking show we had here last weekend. There, she forced me to buy two slabs of wood as follows: 1. Black walnut crotch,...
9
9

Thief Aware!
Ran across this freeware program that might fit in with earlier discussions regarding security cameras. It uses a video capture device to monitor a target area. When it detects motion, it begins...
4
4

What is it? Set 415
This week's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
23
23

HVLP question
I purchased a cheap HVLP gun at HF to do some spraying. The question I have is about pressure. the manual states to run it about 40psi, and never run it higher than that. i have a small regulator at...
3
3

Re: Rough waterstone
The oil may be a problem, but that's a separate issue. To flatten the stone you don't need another stone, although some people just use the side of a concrete block. Get some wet/dry sandpaper in...
3
3

needed help with threaded wooden dowel
My nephew broke the thumbscrew on my marking gauge. I have not been able to find a replacement but could make one if I had a couple of wooden dowels about 2 to 2 1/2 inches long with about 1 inch...
4
4

Finally: a Dust Collector!
I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to be is really good shape. Someone must have used it for some...
16
16

OT: Me In a Music Video (get a good laugh!)
This is a 17 year young singer/songwriter whose album I played on. She also asked me to play in her band in this video. So check me out in this teen-angst love-torn teenybopper music video and go...
81
81