Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Christmas Lights
Enjoy your turkey day. Lew --------------------------------- I love Christmas Lights, they remind me of politicians! They all hang together, half the suckers don't work, and the ones that do aren't...
3

Where to buy 320 grit 3 x 18 sanding belts?
I need a 320 grit or higher 3" x 18" sanding belt. Or a variety/assortment pack that includes at least one 320 grit sanding belt. Amazon has 10 for $21 (shipped), but here that would be a waste of...
7
7

Happy Thanksgiving You All!
Before I eat myself half to death and then mellow on a little wine, I wanted to wish my fellow sawdust manufacturers a happy and safe Thanksgiving. RonB
4
4

Waterlox OK on its own?
I bought a can of Waterlox original recently and have using it to add yet another exhibit to the Guarino Museum of Test Scraps. I was pretty casual about it. 2 coats wiped on (on successive nights)...
3
3

Semi OT: How well does this stuff finish?
a woodworking shop ... http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/11/firefighters_find_sophisticate.htmlSupposedly
6
6

Recommendations for Viscosity cup for HVLP spraying
I am admittedly a newbie to HVLP... I have read that a viscosity cup is useful (if not necessary) in order to select the right nozzle size and to know how much to thin the liquid being sprayed....
13
13

Glue on Oil Question
While preparing some parts for assembly I applied a Watco Oil finish to the parts. I forgot that some surfaces must have additional parts glued to them later in the assembly. I neglected to cover...
7
7

Sanding after chamfering?
A few years ago I eased the edges of an oak face frame (by hand), then sanded the flat surfaces and then colored the wood with some dye. It was pretty unobservant of me, but I hadn't noticed that the...
2
2

OT: Outlook Password Pest with Win 7 ?
MS stated there would never be a fix for older versions of Outlook not saving passwords in protected space and asking each time Outlook is booted under Win 7. Now there is a fixed called...
1
1

Cleaning HVLP gun between spray coats...
I am spraying water-based poly which needs about 2 hours between coats (according to the can). I am wondering how thoroughly I need to clean the gun between coats -- balancing efficiency vs. the need...
1
1

poll: How do you select proportions for small projects
I have very limited make-up room lately so I generally have been making small projects: keepsake boxes, tea safes, jewelry boxes and the like. I've settled on a fine dice tower for my oldest...
12
12

Raised Panel Question
I need to make some raised panels for some shutters. The bevel will be at 15 degrees. When I cut the grooves in the rails and stiles to hold the panels, should I bevel one side of the cut at 15...
4
4

Another kindergarten question: Sanding "modern" plywood
[posting from google groups today] You kind folks have endured my novice meanderings so far. Here's another.= =20 I have recently discovered that the veneer thickness on plywood these days = is...
4
4

OT: Holiday safety
I would like to share an experience with you all, to do with drinking and driving. Some of us know people who have had brushes with the authorities on their way home from a night out. Well, I for one...
6
6

OT: slightly wood related joke
Back in the days of the "woody" station wagons a couple of good ol' boys bought one. As soon as they got home with it, they they li into it with pry bars. When they finished, one turned to the other...
1
1