Subject Author Posted Replies

Thank you for teaching me
I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me a better Woodworker. I have only one problem though,...
11
11

What is it? Set 426
I need some help with the second, fourth, and fifth ones this week:
24
24

OT: oil dependency
Both political parties keep harping about our dependence on foreign oil, although their solutions are, as expected, far different. In a recent newspaper article, it was stated that the US imported...
16
16

Festool power tools.
Hello all, I was in a tool shop t'other day (Axminster) and noticed a lovely display of Festool tools, so naturally I went over to have a sneaky grope and see what all the fuss is about. They are...
229
229

Skewed Chisel
Would a chisel with a skew across its face be useful for getting into corners of mortises and other square holes? Instead of the cutting edge being 90 degrees to the body, it would be skewed by say 30...
11
11

pallet projects
I make a nice chair from pallets, I have three in my yard now and 2 at my friends house. I have scored on a couple of really nice ones, one made from red oak and one from poplar. Check out the...
13
13

Sanding block felt?
I'm looking for some ~3/32" thick durable felt to use for sanding blocks. Any ideas?
8
8

CNC Antics.... (for those who have an interest in this sorta thang.)
My cnc suffered a complex fault which now has been resolved. That's one of the downsides of using tools that have 'operating systems' and 'software'. A simple tweak/adjustment doesn't do much when one...
22
22

Porter Cable Air Compressor problems
I purchased a C2006 compressor with the three nailers from Home Depot and was very happy with it until it started to leak at the air release valve at the bottom of the tank. Only then did I read about...
4
4

Bed Rail Fasteners
Am going to build an Oak headboard and footboard, with rails for my son and his wife. The bed rails are going to be attached with bed rail fasteners as per C of never made a bed before using these,...
3
3

Sprayers
Putting paint on anything that comes out of my shop is heresy to me, but I need to replace a bathroom vanity which managed to catch some mold from a leaky toilet. My plan is to replicate the existing...
10
10

Humor - It's OT... get over it....
Here's another one for you. Why is it that our lives is not controlled by the people, but by the courts?
12
12

OT, or not? Dealing with Leg Cramps in the workshop
There has been some interest in this topic on a couple of other newsgroups that I subscribe to, so here's the link to my "Leg Cramp" page: Stanaitis ---------------

Suggestions for new brad nailer
Well, my old Bostitch brad nailer finally died. A faithful warrior, it shot more 18 ga brad than I ever thought i would use. It made it about 10 years without a hitch and shot on more trim than I can...
14
14

One other thought on liability
I accidentily posted this before but as I stood behind a boom truck on a job site an old guy lost control and slammed into me shattering both my femurs. He only had a $100,000 in liability insurance...
21
21