Subject Author Posted Replies

Rubber belting, where to buy (USA), etc
Search results produce search results within search results. Where to buy round rubber belting online? So far, I have one or two possibilities, McMaster-Carr and Cadence Supply Company. Also. How can...
12
12

Planer question
Got a Ridgid 13" planer last year, haven't used it much but, dang, it sure is noisy. Today I was planing some 1x10x30 pine boards, trying to get them kinda flat so as to make some simple trivets for...
26
26

Festool routers and vacs - dust collection...good?
I'm about at my breaking point with routers and dust all over the place and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about getting the biggest Festool router and vac once I win the lottery next week. Anyone used this...
1
1

Roadkill question
Hypothetically, if you hit a deer while driving, would you be tempted to take it home and butcher it? Mike
38
38

Interesting video about shellac
's a wonder the stuff isn't $500 a pound...
9
9

Ping - Bill in Indiana
Bill, sometime ago you were looking for a table saw. Did you possibly have an interest in a jointer, also? Here's one near you. be worth going inspect it. 3 days left for bidding and no one has bid on...
12
12

Round rubber pieces or pipe with ID of 22 mm?
Rubber, or any material similar to rubber. It will be pushed onto a standard 608 bearing, like a tire onto a wheel. Thickness must be at least 1/8 inch. A material like Delrin might be too hard but...
8
8

Need advice on built-ins
Everyone else is wrong. I just finished personal built-ins painted white. I consulted my buddy who owns a highe-end custom cabinet shop. What he helped me buy was venere core plywood (normal plywood)...
21
21

5 Cut Method Math
Ok. I am trying to wrap my head around the accumulated error associated with the 5-cut method. I read somewhere that the accumulated error increases by a factor of 5 or was it 4? Anyway, I think both...
10
10

What is it? Set 431
I need some help with the first item this week:
24
24

Basic cabinet question
So, I'm making some roll around cabinets for the shop. About 33" high with 5 drawers in them. I'm using 3/4 ply for the carcass with a 3/4 stock face frame for the front. The face frame is 1 1/2"...
9
9

O/T: computer question
if you bought it with some credit cards (amex for one), they double the manufacturer warrantee. keep the receipt with your credit card statement with the shipping paperwork to get them to honor this.
46
46

Bernoulli Spiral Cam Clamps
Make a few spiral cam clamps. Came up with this a couple weeks ago and thought I'd share it here. Let me know your thoughts here or on my blog....
7
7

Weighty question
If a caster with wheel is rated at 330 pounds, would a four-wheel base be rated at 330 or 1320 pounds? I need to build a mobile base with four braked caster wheels for my new lathe and plan to use...
17
17

What to do with poor quality cabinets
Hi, Our kitchen cabinets were built by a local cabinet maker. We live in a Philadelphia suburb, the cabinet make lives in Bucks County. The cabinets are of unacceptably poor quality. Examples include...
31
31