Subject Author Posted Replies

Glue that will adhere to melamine?
I added some oak trim to some black melamine shelves a few years ago, using some sort of glue, maybe it was Titebond. Hey, it stuck for a while. But then the weight of the stuff my daughter put on the...
12
12

Finished
Having marveled at the craftsmanship of some of the other "rec" denizens, I feel a little sheepish "showing off" a project as relatively simple as this: but hey, you have to start somewhere. Thanks...
32
32

heat resistant clear finishes
I'd like to make some trivets like those in Woodworkers Journal, December 2011. No finish is mentioned but I rather think that some sort of finish might be advangtageous to prevent stains from any...
6
6

Newbie, so be nice .........
I am making a work bench backboard. I want to make some 1 x 4 (or whatever) racks for screwdrivers, etc, for fast easy grabbing and keeping things organized. (Something I've been wanting to do once I...
21
21

Shop Vac
Several years ago I bought a Shop Vac QPS 10. I have used it a lot around the shop and yard. My problem is the switch gave up the ghost and I am trying to replace it. I went to a local part supply...
8
8

Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials. Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)? A...
97
97

How best to cut a piece of melamine shelving so it doesn't chip?
Hello, I have the need to cut a piece of melamine shelf into about 16-inch pieces. The shelf is six-feet long and 12-inches wide and it is a bit unruly for me to hold on the table saw by myself. So I...
38
38

Bosch bandsaw blades from Lowes
l put a Bosch 1/2" wide, 4 TPI blade from Lowes on the delta I'm fixing up, but looks like the weld is bad. Turn the wheel by hand, tracks nice, then all of a sudden, darts to the back about 3/8", as...
12
12

Question
How many here build from plans. Personally, I never have but judging by the number of woodworking plans for sale, there must be many who do.
10
10

Damn you Lee Valley!
404 - Lee Valley Tools
9
9

O/T: Speaking German In Texas
Enjoy Lew --------------------------------- In Texas there is a town called New Braunfels, where there is a large German-speaking population. One day, a local rancher driving down a country road...
11
11

BEHR Paint And Primer In One?
BEHR Paint And Primer In One. Most of you have seen the advert. So, is it viable or just another marketing gimmick? I hate painting and people like me are suckers for a pitch like this. Would I be...
15
15

Kitchen Painting Question?
Don't think is this. I spray fairly close to my work, 6-8" Prime everything. Zinsser Stain Blocker Primer. The good stuff. Haven't used an additive? Thinned a bit with water. What do you suggest as an...
4
4

Coping
Lets say you want to put a shaped molding around the upper perimeter of something that has one end higher than another; that is, that has two parallel sloped sides. That means the end cuts on the...
22
22

What is it? Set 432
This week's set has just been posted: