Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: The truth about Facebook
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
2
2

OT Bluepoint wrenches
I've been going through my Dad's old tools, and came across a set of mechanics comination wrenches with the brand "Bluepoint" forged in raised letters. I'm guessing they'd be 1930's-1940's vintage,...
2
2

rare earth magnets
Almost all of the rare earth magnets I have had eventually lose there chrome or nickel. I have purchased from different vendors. Is this because the ones I notice it are used to hold tools, and things...
30
30

wood wall plates:
I bought a few wooden switch plate covers 3and 4 gang types, I had to pre pay and order through a local lumber store the wait was 2 weeks they shipped wrong ones then reorder another 2 weeks wait kind...
1
1

Work table top recommendation?
I have a 7-foot long work table that currently has an (now old) plywood top and folding metal legs attached to it. I want to use this for electronics work and the aged plywood surface is just too...
9
9

Way OT But why we are in the mess we are in.
24
24

What is it? Set 433
I need some help with the fourth and sixth items this week:
25
25

How to adjust drawer slides
I just finished a workshop cabinet with drawers, well, almost finished. An= yway the problem is the drawers are crooked and I can't figure out how to g= et them straight. When you look at them from...
9
9

Spare parts
I inherited a mondo Rockwell table saw. Big honking aluminum (or some metal) frame. It has no base, and it takes two men to move it. I'm going to make a rolling base for it, and see if I can get rid...
11
11

Re: Finishing piney-wood doors - a question
First, I would spray. BUT, I know there are circumstances where that simply isn't possible, or feasible. Second, I am guessing that the bifolds are closet doors - yes? Finishing inside a dark closet...
3
3

Oak Crown Molding on Painted Walls
I am curious to solicit the group's opinion on whether putting oak CM on painted walls would look odd. I always thought oak CM would make a nice transition from a panelled wall to a painted ceiling....
3
3

Peg Board
This peg board discussion has been interesting but as far as I've noticed no one has mentioned my biggest concern; how do you keep the dust off the "stuff" that's mounted. I keep my tools in drawers...
16
16

DerbyDad....
IIRC you're Derby, KS, located? If so, know anything about Cutting Tool Solutions on S Edwards in Wichita? SCCC is in Hutch starting tomorrow for NJCAA D-I mens' nationals; I was thinking of heading...
1
1

160 pound spring for a 1/2 inch gap?
I want to put a spring under the heel of my inline skate. But there is only a 1/2 inch clearance, and it needs to be a heavy-duty spring. Should I consider using a spring steel flat bar or similar,...
11
11

Spacer blocks for circular saw
I finally made a pair of spacer blocks to use with one of my circular saws; another case in which I have "discovered" a technique first discovered a century or so ago. I made them out of scrap oak....
4
4