Subject Author Posted Replies

weird; noise annoys
(if there are any Buzzcocks fans out there, my Festool Hat's off to you) I always thought my planer was much louder when the dust collector was running so I borrowed a sound level meter from work to...
24
24

Re: Laguna CNC routers.
Damn. I have almost $3,500 invested in my 4x4-footer and I haven't bought the steel for the frame yet. If I'd seen this first... -- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not...

Whirlwind on NPR
Old news for us, but NPR, who has been favoring the SawStop with a number of stories, decided to at least try to appear somewhat unbiased, well almost: When you think of new technology, table saws...

Pool cue question
I got an old looking one piece pool cue the other day. It looks like a combination of maple and rosewood. 1/3 rosewood, 2/3 maple. It has a piece of ferritic metal at the joint, as a supermagnet...
10
10

New version of Skype for woodworkers
Matthias Wandel and I had a chance to check out the latest version of Skype. In this video, we demo some of its features which are perfect for woodworkers. Check out Matthias's version of this video...
5
5

Get them while they are hot.
: you don't have to worry about that pesky wiring out to the shop. http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/kube/kubex15.asp?SRCCODE=TIGFACEBK&cm_mmc_o=m21CjCd-2HPRRsCjCHFzbkCjC-5ybkdBBklNow
10
10

Tool shroud
This is one of the better dust collecting devices I've seen. I've ordered two of them. Finally, a practical solution.
36
36

ACRA
Anyone every hear of ACRA machines, specifically an ACRA drill press? I'm looking at this one on Craigslist. http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/tls/2930649282.htmlThanks
3
3

Steel City table saw is here!
Well, the granite top table saw I referred to a couple weeks ago is here...and I thought I'd give my impressions so far. Rule number one...have a friend help to move it as you assemble it! It is...
3
3

Fair price on Pomermatic 1970-80s 8in jointer?
I have an appointment to see one at auction tomorrow. It is in a basement and no promise to help me move it was made by the auctioneer (company). Credit for locating it goes to Cedar Sonny! I'll try...
1
1

Joinery questions,,, and MORE!
A couple of years ago I bought a HF service cart at an outdoor tent sale for what I felt was a good price. only thing I don't like about it is it does not have nearly enough drawer space for my needs....
3
3

future (tomorrow) lumber & junk gloat and a question
There's a great auction tomorrow. Lots of stuff as you can see in the photos at I'm REALLY really excited about the lumber. There are ~ 15 stacks of 100-150 bd ft per stack. The best has a 22" x 10'...

Value of some old Planes
I could go to this auction. (the first one, listed for tomorrow) Wondering if any of the woodworking tools is of any extreme value, that i should look out for.
5
5

Water based stain?
I have never used water based stain, but I have a new bay window that needs to be finished. The top and bottom of the bay are birch ply. The rest is southern pine. I can always paint it. But before I...
6
6

Power tools:
I hate to be a pest, one more question though. What would be the minimum power tool requirement a woodworker should have to make simple type furniture e.g.. footstool , bookcase, bench etc? I like to...
31
31