Subject Author Posted Replies

Pine Flooring
I have a cache of salvaged pine planks to use as (bedroom) flooring. Many = of the planks have larger than I like nail holes and some large chip divots= that I would prefer to fill with an appropriate...
12
12

hayrake table pictures posted on Lumberjocks
Hey All, I posted some pictures of my Hayrake Table on today. Search for marc_rosen if you care to see them. The table plans were from Fine Woodworking and it was a video workshop on their website...
5
5

Ultimate Woody-Wagon
A craftsman has constructed a 1955 Mercedes completely out of teak. And it's for sale. http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
2
2

What is it? Set 435
I need help with the third item this week:
50
50

Wilton 79A vise on Sale at Amazon
Its been on my "Wish List" for a long time. Marked down 20% (more) today: stings a little, but I think I got "a lot more vise" for just a bit more than I would have to spend for a good front vise...
18
18

Black Walnet Tree
I had the opportunity to grab about 25 cut tree pieces of very old black walnut and wondering if there is any value to them? The sizes range from 15h x 15dia to 30h x 26dia (inches) or more as I...
29
29

OT: one of life's small successes
I still miss my Grandma's peanut butter cookies. They probably weren't any better than any other, but they were hers. :-)
26
26

Where do the guys on the Woodsmith tv program get that straight wood?
Every time I see those Woodsmith guys on the tv, they have super straight absolutely knot free wood. Where the heck do they get it? Do you guys always have wood with no twist in it? If not, how do you...
8
8

OT: Firmware Update from HP
I got an e-mail from "Hewlett Packard" telling me there's a security breach in my printer's firmware and inviting me to dowload an update. I doesnt look quite right. Anybody else? "Zz Yzx" rhymes with...
10
10

Edge Sander
Well last year I almost built 100 drawers and 90% had dominos to reinforce the joints. There was also tons of doors and drawer fronts and quite frankly I am getting tired of edge sanding with a hand...
22
22

Off Topic: Compressors and Computers
I had a computer go down last week. Turns out that the power supply was clogged with dust and needed to be replaced. It was probably under powered too, which added to its demise. Talking to some...
43
43

B & D leaf collection system
if this could be easily adapted to dust collection use. Anyone actually seen one? http://www.blackanddecker.com/attachments/BV-006.aspxWonder
3
3

Dust collector
I've been using a shop vac for the table saw and planner. I'm ready to upgrade to a dust collector. The shop vac does a good job vacuuming the saw dust on the floor. Will a dust collector with a 2...
12
12

Anyone here have experience with PowerLift motorized lifts?
Looking for anyone with real-world personal knowledge of the PowerLift Router Lift, w/digital control panel. Published reviews are one animal, this forum is quite another and so, before I waste money...
3
3

Ouch! (was: Is this really safe? (Router video)
Happened upon this Charles Neil video last night it full screen at about 1:45 it's apparent his left index finger was severely injured (severed?) in the past. Looks like the surgeon maybe attached one...
9
9