Subject Author Posted Replies

Amusing e-mail from supplier
Read the subject carefully... an amazing technique if it works! ----- Original Message ----- From: Highland Woodworking To: Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:40 PM Subject: [SPAM]Making thick boards...
4
4

MBA Just look at Jon Corzine then look at our presidential canidates.
Jon Corzine has an MBA. Lets see what he did. In NJ he gave the unions the biggest raises ever. He also mandated that any worker doing work be paid the prevailing wage. Which is always very high. He...
11
11

Leigh D4R-compatible bits...
Anybody have experience w/ the Katana carried by MLCS? On the theme of the alternate thread, is price all-important? These are roughly a third under either the Woodtek/Woodcraft set or the original...
15
15

Kreg Jig advice
I decided last weekend to knock together a quick project that will serve as a (musical) keyboard stand when I want to use my keyboard at home, and a bench the rest of the time. I'm using wood that I...
29
29

After-market Tablesaw Wings
Are there any after-market/upgrade tablesaw wings, preferably cast iron, available? A few weeks back, I picked up a R4512, and I have no real complaints (aside from my lack of experience). But in...
31
31

OT more or less: A jazz trio is playing...
A jazz trio is playing a gig at an upscale nightclub. They play a classic bebop tune at a fleet tempo with grace and ease. Then comes a Wayne Shorter composition filled with mysterious harmonies,...
27
27

This blade looks very useful
8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind.... http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bottom-Crosscut-Saw-Blades/products/1484/http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/cutting-tenons-on-a-table-saw
7
7

Lumber gloat
Went to a proverbial auction of a "hobby woodworker" and tinkerer last weekend. The guy had been a Boeing machinist and mechanic at the paper over the last 1/2 century. The auction said "woodworking"...
7
7

sizing home jointers and planers?
I've been looking at jointers and planers for a home shop. It seems that all of the commercially available jointers are 6" and the planers are about 12". What's the point in having a planer twice as...
99
99

CNC for beginners...well..sort of.
Inventables | X-Carve | Affordable CNC Machine | 3D Carving Machine
2
2

RE:Trimming Hardwood Edging
A follow up to a recent thread. http://tinyurl.com/7e4rzd7Lew

Garage Woodworks kerf making jig
Brian doesn't toot his horn around here enough. I don't care who you are, this is a nifty dado jig that scratches a lot of itches when it comes to fast, efficient and inexpensive:
1
1

Locker for door
Hi Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English. It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us) doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be. But when driving they...
8
8

Shear strength of screws
I've always taken a serendipity view of screw gauge when doing rough stuff as in "hey, I'd better use a bigger screw for this." I need to cobble together some two bys for a frame for a basement...
77
77

HOPPY EASTER!!
to all the wood mechanics and sawdust makers out there!