Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: joke
A man wakes up from a coma in the hospital, totally encased in casts and bandages and stuck with tubes and medical whatnot. A few minutes later the nurse sees that he's awake, and calls the doctor....
1
1

Rocking Chair
Jeff Miller of Chicago builds a wonderful bentwood rocking chair. I liked the lines and the craftsmanship that is so evident in it when I first saw it. So, I contacted Jeff and asked if there were any...
5
5

Good stuff in this months FWW
Fine Woodworking Mag has some good stuff this month. Hayrack table (I'll ma= ke a few), Dado jig (I'll make one), front door building tips (I'll build a= few), some others (can't recall right now, it...
2
2

Another kitchen bites the dust ...
This was a small, in-house, job to refresh an older (1945/1990/remod) home, taken in on a trade for a new home, before putting it back on the market. The kitchen was part of a 3 bath/kitchen remodel,...
17
17

dent repair
I want to fix some superficial dents in the rails on a pool table. Most of these are shallow and did not break the surface (they look like they came from impact with billiard balls). Any thoughts on...
7
7

wood model making
I need to make a model of a device I am inventing. I want a nonfunctioning model, but something that has everything the real one has, just not working, and not down to the tiniest detail. Are there...
32
32

Well, off to the auction
We're off to the annual two day Amish auction in Rich Hill, MO tomorrow and Saturday. I hope to score another 512 board feet of 4 to 8 inch wide red oak, 8 feet long, for 85 cents a BF like i did two...
8
8

What is it? Set 437
I need some help with the third item this week:
20
20

OT - Aaaieeee ...
New York, New York After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a...
7
7

Any wood sculpting stores in Miami
Hello all, I am looking for woodcrafting stores in the South Miami area but can't seem to find anything. The closest Woodcraft stores are Tampa. Too far. I want to purchase specialized chisels and...
1
1

Simple trim mouldings
I've got some defects on the edge of plywood to cover up, and would like to use just a simple moulding. Cutting it on the band saw is no problem, but I would like to have a rounded edge on both sides...
7
7

Rabbet Size for Back
So, having messed up (not destroyed, but still not happy) my current project, I have a question. For a fairly normal bookcase type case with a rabbetted back (1x stock, 1/4" plywood), how wide of a...
27
27

Last Project Completed
For the last 8 weeks I have been working on 3 book cases for a customer. Of course I forgot to take my good camera and the camera phone had to do. White Oak solid wood and plywood. Clear Old Masters...
32
32

Kreg joints - Minimum thickness material?
The Kreg site says 1/2". Has anyone here tried material as thin as that? Isn't the drill bit 3/8"? I ask because I dressed up some black melamine shelves with oak trim a few years ago and the glue I...
4
4

Hey Jack!
The Festool of PU's Imagine this: Although not a real model, we thought we'd combine a little phantasy with a Rolls-Royce Phantom.
3
3