Subject Author Posted Replies

Making a pointy stick
DerbyDad03 wrote in news: Do those things come in steel? It might be nice to get into some of those tight spaces. Puckdropper
11
11

Table with granite insert
I came across a wide variety of granite sizes, all 1" think which I'd like to use to make tables, coasters, or whatever comes to mind, but want to dabble in the furniture aspect. One granite slab is...
22
22

Laminate Bending
Anyone ever bend slats by only wetting the wood? If so, how well did it wo rk? Opinions, as to wetting only, also welcome. I have numerous ash slats to laminate for making rockers. Prefer not to fi re...
11
11

Metalwork - Rusty Weather Vane - Remove, Then Prevent Rust
Asking for a friend... The image below is part of a steel weather vane. As you can see, it's rusty and getting worse. My friend wants to remove the rust then clear coat the piece to prevent the rust...
35
35

New Bandsaw - question
I've finally gotten my new bandsaw (Laguna 18bx) on its feet and put together (KungFlu furlough gives me time to practice being retired ;-). Everything seems to be right with the world (no sawdust...
15
15

OT - Time For News Hoses - What Do You Like?
I need two 75' hoses. What do you like that doesn't kink, stays flexible in cold weather and aren't too heavy? I need something that SWMBO can roll up onto the wall mounted hose reels, both of which...
23
23

slightly on topic - Craftsman #8605 hedge shears
On topic because they're old enough (30+ years?) to have wood handles and trimming hedges is working with "wood", just on a different scale ;-) My better half was out trimming some flowering bushes...
4
4

what's a 12 inch jointer worth ;-)
... it's not a Craftsman ... John T. Lot Unavailable
29
29

RIP - Fred Willard
September 8, 1933 - May 15, 2020 In ths "mockumentary," host Martin Mull discusses the contributions that white people have made to the U.S., visits the Institute of White Studies, and follows a...
2
2

Makita model 2030 planer jointer out of true
I have a 2030 makita planer /jointer where the jointer will not cut a strai ght edge. On a board 2' long the middle of the board is cut deeper than th e ends and is not smooth nor matter how slow I go...
2
2

Rockwell beaver table saw help
I came in to a saw that I know nothing about

Worth of a Craftsman RAS
Well for all those wondering, here you go. Now they will know! https://carbondale.craigslist.org/zip/d/greenville-older-craftsman-radial-arm/7125151353.html
19
19

Ping Derby
An IRS auction/sale - E.F. Thresh Inc. - will be held in East Syracuse coming soon. Antique bar clamps look interesting, but it's the (maybe cheap, cheaper) lumber that might catch your fancy.... for...
1
1

Exterior OAK treatment - Advice please
Hello, What advice do you give me for this triple layer oak jamb- 4cm thickness, 4 years old, given with semi-waxed varnish (water based)? It withstood well over 3 winters, completely exposed to hard...
2
2

Rattle can lacquer
Can rattle can lacquer be successfully sprayed over wipe on poly? Need a little more shine.
7
7