Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - New Credit Cards
No problem, stick it in the microwave for 10 seconds, then only the strip will work. (Maybe) basilisk
17
17

Existing Stain on Oak
Have some cabinets that I'm replacing the Cab. Doors and Drawer Fronts on. Cabinets and Faceframes are Oak stained and urathaned, That 70's Show look. I'd like to stain the faceframes and side panels...
20
20

custom casket
Frank Knight was a professional logger but earned his true legacy spending decades protecting New England's tallest elm tree. But as all things must, the 217-year-old tree nicknamed "Herbie"...
6
6

Fine Woodworking Live at SUNY New Paltz from Aug. 2-5, 2012
So... is anyone here going? If so, I live nearby so maybe we could have a beer...
4
4

Blade Test Redux
While I loved the comments about the Forrest WWII, I did not get a lot of response to my original quesiton. So, since I am the curious sort, will one of you with a Forrest WWII, and a talent for...
26
26

Blood all over maple.
So today I machined my draw faces, sides and some other items. the draw faces are maple, the sides poplar. These will be for lateral files.. Well while gluing up I cut my knuckle... I didn't notice...
14
14

OT: German police fired 85 bullets in 2011
Der Spiegel (The Mirror) is a fairly influential German newspaper, and it reported here the number of cartridges fired by German police in 2011: schießen seltener im Dienst Die Nutzung von...
33
33

Totally OT
What happens when schools stop teaching music. What happens when you let them do this to express their individuality. What happens when you don't discipline your kids. What happens when kids have more...
32
32

Blade Test
I know, or strongly assume, several of you are using very high end blades (cf., Forrest Woodworker II). I wonder if you would mind doing a little blade comparison/test for me? The reason I am asking...
15
15

New metal/woodworking project, anyone?
If you've been real good this year, Santa may have a surprise for you at Christmas.....flying/remote machine gun/For the man who wants one of everything...............and to deal with everything in...
1
1

nice dowel tenoning jig.
In german, but you'll get the idea. Simple easy design. Anwendungsvideo: Hier zeigt Guido Henn wie man mit dem CMS Grundmodul und einer Oberfräse ganz einfach runde Zapfen selbst fräsen kann. Dieses...
1
1

Fire - An important lesson
I was cutting a couple of grooves in a piece of pressure treated with a router. I was using a 1/4" bit set to about 1/2" and probably trying to take too big of cut. The bit felt like it was a little...
9
9

OT - Wireless thermostats?
Anybody have one and what are your recommendations as to brands and model? Thanks ...
14
14

Tom Gauldin - RIP
Yes, RIP, Tom. I remember his posts from the Wreck of old. -- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all...
6
6

Pour spout for gal cans
I made a pour spout years ago. It's worked great , but it has a few issues. The seal to the cap can leak. and the cardboard/foil gasket kept falling out. When it fell out last time I lost it.. I tried...
25
25