Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone remember who made Norm's (commercial, aluminum) shelf pin jig?
I'm not actually looking for the jig, I'm looking for a table saw alignment 'tool' that they also made... used to have a kinda discussion forum, and I think the manufacturer was listed there, but I...
3
3

Unisaw Switch Update
Re: 4 HP motor install Spoke to the local motor experts. The standard Unisaw switch is sufficient. He did have and offered to us a switch with the built-in LVC unit, for $254. He said we need a 35 amp...
25
25

CYA Highland Woodworking
Gotta love the sense of humor at HW, I think they see the irony This warning is provided to comply with California's Proposition 65 product labeling law. Each and every product sold by Highland...
54
54

Deck Stain Problem
This probably seems like more of a home-repair problem, but I know the finish experts are here: While building our new home ourselves, it looks like we made an error in selecting deck stain. In spite...
3
3

Perhaps a little too much wood?
10
10

PWW limerick
I once tried to chisel a mortise, But my mallet was too soft and porous; If this happens to you, The blue pill won't do, You'll just end up distracted and ferrous

Unisaw Switch Issue
Our delema: Changed a 3 phase motor to a 4 hp single phase. Bought a standard Unisaw switch for single phase, 220 volts. We either have something wired wrong or the 4 hp motor requires a different...
12
12

what is it?
I have some Wetzler clamps that I got from my dad. What are the little anvil like things on top? Wetzler's web site doesn't mention them. See:
4
4

Door between garage and outdoors.
In January, or so, I added to my "To-do list" that I needed to repair my door that was loose enough that wind would blow it open. The latch just wasn't long enough. In the meantime, I reinforced it...
28
28

Bureaucratic PITA is Festool's Fault!
At one time or another, I'm sure we've all experienced the bureaucratic nightmare of getting some form, permit or license from our respective governments. Here's the PITA I went through today. Only...
9
9

Compressed Air Plumbing for Shop
I am going to route compressed air from my compressor location to one or two other positions in my shop. I am looking at about 50 or more feet of plumbing. I Googled some information regarding PVC,...
51
51

New Incra iBOX
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list, I think. Looks to be a decent price, $170. Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather than having to...
31
31

Man-Candles
Get rid of the sissy candles and man-up. http://www.yankeecandle.com/yankee-candles/man-candles
6
6

Michigan Brick Repair and Michigan Brickwork Company
Intra Masonry has been the leader in providing Brick Repair and Brick Replacement Services Southeastern Michigan. Intra Masonry can repair your brick damage or provide you with Custom Brick Michigan...
2
2

What is it? Set 441
I need some help with the second last item in this week's set:
19
19