Subject Author Posted Replies

Review- Ridgid 18V Li-Ion Drill/Driver Combo
RIDGID 18-Volt X4 Hyper Lithium Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit I bought this package this week and have used both tools quite a bit. Bottom line is I'm very pleased with the quality, performance and especially...

Thickness sander, part II
One of the local turners has a Performax sander and kindly handled my immediate need to clean up a couple of sections of glued up bowl segments. I earlier asked about plans for a thickness sander. It...
12
12

Milk paint - application, rub through finish, general tips
I'm planning to use milk paint to finish a
3
3

RE: Drill Press Tune up Video
Been around, still good. View this week's Woodsmith Tip online: http://woodsmithtips.com/l/9833-157142Lew

Building a simple "bathroom mirror" cabinet
On Topic! It won't be for the bathroom, actually, but for my daughter's room. I envision a shallow cabinet (for makeup and sundry paraphernalia) with a hinged mirrored door; like a panel door, but...
23
23

O/T: Shake, Rattle And Roll
4.1 quake hits 2 miles down, less than 10 miles away. Ho-Hum, time for a beer. Lew
4
4

Fire Building
No, No. Real men fill a dish detergent bottle with gasoline and squirt it on the fire trying to see how far up the stream they can maintain a flame without it getting into the plastic bottle!!! RonB
30
30

Where'd everyone go.
No bitching, not OT's It's awful quiet.
6
6

What is it? Set 445
Just posted a new set on the web site:
20
20

O/T: Worm Compost
"Swings" comment about building worm compost boxes brought back memories. My father was an avid fisherman. A low cost source of worms was a must. His solution was to build a worm compost pile by...
7
7

Broke a bandsaw blade
And rotate them every 3000 miles ...
17
17

Ping - Steve B
When I get a chance, I scout for a bandsaw saw in your area. This guy might have one stashed away, but not on his for sale list. Seems he's getting rid of his shop and I would think any good shop...
1
1

Tech.question:
Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects accuracy I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it...
12
12

woodworking in china
The guy in this photo seems to be using a table saw with a sliding table, but why is the fence in front of the work? China reported a surge in exports, which could ease the damage from weakness in the...
2
2

low maintenence
I want to make some outdoor benches what would be the best wood and preservative to use . We get a lot of rain , long cold winters. Sal
21
21