Subject Author Posted Replies

soft-starting an air compressor
So my big shop compressor has two problems. First, when it starts, it starts suddenly. Enough to startle whoever's in the shop, which is not just annoying but dangerous. Second, when it starts, it's...
4
4

Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, Bandsaw
There are many ways of checking that blade is 90 degrees to table. Here is my favorite method. It requires no measuring tools, just a scrap of wood. Cut the piece of wood in half, then flip one half...
2
2

New Project
Sooo the Kitchen is finally done and on to paying customers. This customer has been waiting since January. This will be a Walnut blanket chest. Walnut Blanket Chest | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr Walnut...
11
11

OT: Ditra
A question about Ditra: I hesitate using it because it does not provide the stiffness of cement board that I would think would prevent failure. But everyone says it's wonderful. Should I not be...
6
6

OT - Strange GFCI Behavior - Deadly!
Just to save everyone some typing, I know a GFCI works and I've installed dozens of them over time, both as standalone devices and as protection for downstream receptacles. Line vs. load, Pre-2006...
21
21

what is it
Hi All ; I noticed this item at a local auction - link below - and I have no idea what it is. It's wide-open not necessarily related to woodworking ; not necessarily complete .. Any guesses ? John T.
2
2

Tradesman 9 in Band Saw Model BS2301W Owners Manual
I just acquired this band saw and it is in need of both tires and a blade. I was hoping to find an online owners manual so I would have the instruction on how to set the saw up as well as some part...
2
2

Redundant power tools
Last August I bought an Erbauer track saw and later an Erbauer electric planer. I wanted them for three furniture projects, now completed. I plan to sell them. If anyone in this group are interested,...
1
1

The Kitchen Is Almost Complete
Today we put in the toe kicks, and base boards, no pictures of that. Boring! So here are shots of the cabinet doors and drawer fronts installed. Not adjusted yet but they fit good as is so far. Near...
5
5

corking wicks
A friend asks me this question: “I'm looking for info on the theoretical/practical difference between these 2 models of corking wick: which one to choose for: - hide a screw head - replace a small...
2
2

Seeking advice on magnifiers
Have recently had cataract surgery, any advice on eye protection with magnification? Thanks
10
10

Blade guard for Pro mitre
Anyone know a source for replacement blade guard for a Pro Sliding mitre?

OT - Home Depot Steps Up Security - Again
First they took out the self-checkout stations. Too much theft. Then they locked up more and more products, e.g. Romex, leaf blowers, etc. Not only locked stuff up, but they carry it to the cashier...
15
15

More of The Kitchen
Back Splash the multi level sink. And a couple of the big doors. We have applied 4 coats to the fronts and sides of the doors and will be hanging them very soon. 4 coats of clear on the 22 drawer...
6
6

Rip fence
I have a tradesman tablesaw BTS10BW and I can't seem to find a replacement rip fence. Does anyone know of a place that would have any.