3/8" thick beadboard - nail through grooves?

I'm putting in some beadboard, but it's awfully thin. I'm going to nail with either an 18g brad or a 15g finish nailer. I'd prefer not to face nail, but the grooves are pretty small. Any recommendations?
JP

Liquid Nails Caulk

and pin nailes at the top where there is usually a cap moulding of some sort to hide the nails and along the very bottom where flooring, quarter round or other trim will hide those.
Gary