2x4 from hell!

Bought a bunch of "Premium" 8' 2x4's to build a small storage shed next to my shop. I cut the last piece to attach to the ends of the rafters and I swear to God it was possessed! No problem cutting it at all but when I went to nail it, I bent 3 16d nails trying to get through the damned thing. I couldn't get the bent ones out with my framing hammer so I cut them off with a sawz-all. I ended up drilling holes so I could drive the freaking things through and into the ends of the rafters. I was about to take it to the church up the block and have it exorcized!
Grandpa John
a knotty problem indeed!

Guess you got a dry one for a change, eh?
Now that made me laugh!

you mean that you actually found one out of the batch that was real wood?? amazing!! It's funny how the problem one is always the last board, isn't it?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

AND the last screw you're removing/inserting
AND the last nut
must be Murphy's Last Law.
John DeBoo wrote:

Somebody has a great sense of humor. Throw one length of lignum vitae into the pile just to drive you nuts.
FoggyTown