2hp on 20 amp circuit

Right, I read about it sometime in the spring, withe the list of things you could get. Decided to wait a big and remember it about 6 days after the closing. Oh. well, I really didn't want anything they offered. Essentially all of the award went to the lawyers which is the case with all class action suits, actually it is the reason for class action suits.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I have a 2hp motor that is rated to draw 18A on startup, 15A running. I run it all the time on a 15A circuit. It was a bit stiff when it was brand new and a couple of times in the first few days it drew too much for too long on startup and blew the fuse. (Yes, it was a fuse.) I replaced it with a breaker rather than a slow-blow fuse and I think it tripped maybe once more. I have since moved to a new house with a 15A circuit again, and never tripped the breaker even once.

Just thought I'd mention it, since you're definitely being encouraged to give it a try as is. Don't be discouraged if there are a couple of hiccups at the beginning. You can work it out.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence