Subject Author Posted Replies

New Project: Stickley "sewing" table #2568
I recently finished one set of three I am building. The other sets are built but need to fit the drawers and do the finishing. Done in Cherry rather than QS White Oak. Finished with a wash of...
10
10

Furniture restoration question
You'd have a lot better luck matching the color with dye than with stain. Go to Woodcraft or somewhere similar and get something like: Either the powder or the liquid works, I like the liquid better...
1
1

Counter sinks
I need a countersink, but not sure which one. Would like it to be 3/4" diameter. How many different angles do they make in common countersinks found at the Borgs? Steve
7
7

Carpet pad glue
Any good for any woodworking things? I got about a gallon. Steve
1
1

New table
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock...
10
10

Blind kitchen corner storage???
Elder son called yesterday and posed a ?? -- I have a couple of ideas but they're I think excessively complicated so throw this out for Karl, whoever... Upper kitchen cabinets in his house were built...
19
19

Drying Wet Wood Without It Warping
Hi, I have wet 1 x 12 wood to dry without warping. The wood is for shelving, purchased from a local lumberyard here in Costa Rica. It was rough and I thought I would work off a few pounds planing it...
3
3

Check this out 13.44 a board ft for domestic cherry
This guy is out of his mind. I am sure the wood is good, but the normal price around here is $4.50 bd /ft. What are they thinking. http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/3643128219.html
5
5

wedges/shims
------------------------------------------------------ This is not a job for a table saw IMHO. Rather you want either a hand power planer or a router with a 1" straight bit. Mount a piece of 1/2" x 6"...
8
8

Domin-OH (wow)
Went to see my Woodcraft dealer yesterday to get his counsel on the Domino I bought last week. Bought the Festool hose ($75)to attach to my shop vac and another cutter ($37), which brings my...
50
50

OT: Question for the Houstonians out there
I lived in Houston 1982 - 1987. The first house we rented (Lockshin Drive, west of Hwy. 6) had an odd feature that I've wondered about ever since: The master bath had a bathtub and a separate shower...
8
8

First aid wake-up call
I keep a first aid kit handy in the shop. It's a plastic case with 10 or so boxes inside. The boxes hold the usual stuff: gauze, triangular bandage, bandage compress, tape. &tc. Each box ix securely...
18
18

RE: OT: Answer To Age Old Question
Now we know. Lew ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a couple nice cold beers. The day was really...

Kreg Jig Jig II: The pictorial definition of "Jury Rig"
You guys definitely have me thinking; thinking about how I can do things more efficiently, before I do them. I made myself a holder for the Kreg Jr. jig last week to avoid having to line up and...
4
4

unisaw throat plate
i am looking for a throat plate for my unisaw i remember Norm had an aluminum one that held wooden inserts any idea where i can find that? i have googled already and had very few results..if not that...
22
22