Subject Author Posted Replies

Thaddeus
In my last post about cirular saws, I mentioned a building crew I worked with in the 70's. One of the guys was Thaddeus, a rather large, powerful man that drove sixteen penny sinkers with brutal...
12
12

circular saws and Skilsaw
I have a Hitachie circular saw, it was a good saw for what it cost and lasted several years of hard use, but the brushes have give up the ghost and due to its age, I'll replace it rather than repair...
37
37

Ping Brian at garage woodworks
IIRC you have a PM 2000 TS. If so, does your saw have the arbor lock for one wrench blade changes? I am looking to get a saw with a riving knife and am looking at the 2000 and the SawStop. Do you have...
17
17

Off Desk Phase II
I started the upper cabinet for the desk this week. It is a mix of lots of rabbit and dado joints that were cut per the drawing specifications. 6 face frame boards and 6 panels. The unit measures 93"...
2
2

Iron-on patterns
I read somewhere, quite a long while ago, that you could take something that you'd printed on a laser printer or an inkjet, place it on a piece of wood, and transfer the image to the wood by ironing...
17
17

Ping - Bill in Indy
I don't think it's quite what you're looking for, but there's an older tabl e saw, looks like a contractor's saw, coming up for auction on Wednesday, M arch 6th, that might be of interest, until you...
2
2

Filling an imperfection
One of the maple boards on the buffet projects has a small imperfection. I t's a thin -- maybe 1/16th of an inch by 2 inch jagged scar that's about 1/ 16th of an inch deep. I recall reading that some...
12
12

OT but very cool
No woodwork here - or not much if any - but a lot of workmanship. Miniature 1959 Mercury http://www.varietyvideosllc.com/about2.html
4
4

What is it? Set 482
This week's set has been posted: Rob
15
15

OT: Carving scrap wood
I posted a couple of pictures of my 2nd attempt at woodcarving on my website in case anyone might be curious. The 1st attempt is still a work in progress. As stated in the subject line, this...
1
1

OT Ping Mike Marlowe
I owe you a thank you for the info on the HF welding helmet. Long story short my luck with the mig welder was not going well, so I had been mostly using the stick. Anyway you got me to try the HP...
3
3

Adhesive for Plexiglas to wood
What adhesive would be best to fasten Plexiglas (acylic) to plywood?(Baltic Birch) I'm thinking epoxy but I'd have to go buy it so...anything else? TIA. Max
37
37

Raffling off a project for a cause
------------------------------------------------------------- SUPER!!!! Lew
57
57

OT: Viewing pics
Recently, I was unable to view some pics linked to hosting sites on the rec. I personally like everyone that take the time to take a picture, edit it, and post it to be seen by all possible so that we...
3
3

TV Stand is coming along
Part 1: Part 2: Almost done. Critiques welcomed. Woodworking tips, projects and forum. A great collection of woodworking video podcasts. Woodworking tips, projects and forum. A great collection of...
59
59