Subject Author Posted Replies

OT -- Windows 8
Brought home a new laptop today with Windows 8 installed. First impression : they let a few nutjobs take over the design of this OS when the A-team wa s out to lunch. Nothing is intuitive. Simple...
87
87

HF SCMS update
I went to the HF sidewalk sale this morning. I got there about 10 minutes after they opened. There were 2 of the 12" double bevel SCMS sitting there. Both were already sold and waiting to be loaded....
21
21

Office Desk Progress and Scientific SAG testing
I completed the major portion of the upper desk cabinet yesterday. This morning my wife and I brought the monster into the house and placed it on the desk. we did this at this stage mostly to insure...
11
11

My Airplane display is not on Display!
As many of you will recall I built an airplane display for a company that transports heavy cargo all over the world. My display is in Las Vegas this week, who knows where after that. Anyway it seems...
26
26

Re: Mission Chair Reproduction 2013 - Vertical movement
I know that the client is suppose to do the finishing herself, possibly, and may be the seat. You should epoxy a plexiglas plate in the seat position so that the joinery is visible to all, like it or...

RE: Neat Hold Down
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------ Expert woodworking tips, techniques, inspiration and more for woodworkers of any skill level.
16
16

Re: 50 to 80k year old cypress
Cool story, thanks. Similar story here: Ancient Kauri (30K - 50K yrs old). I've worked a few small boards of this stuff. Very tight grained, takes an amazing polishing to 600 grit or more. Also, the...
1
1

HF 12" SCMS
The recent discussion about the Harbor Freight double bevel SCMS made me go take a look at it. I've got a couple of questions I hope someone here can answer for me. The website specifies a part number...
2
2

For Dr. Mason
Isocyanate exposure of the Feb 12. Sick for a couple of days after. Possible a reason for sore kidneys? What prescriptions for Wed?
1
1

desk project progress
Front and back face frames for the office desk piper cabinet. A pot 93" wide. Detail of the back of the back face frame Domino reinforced lap joints that naturally form a rabbet frame for the back...

Woodworkers Showcase and Totally Turning, Saratoga Springs, NY
These annual events are coming up again on March 23-24, 2013 at the City Center is Saratoga Springs, NY. Look me up... I'm on the Showcase lecture schedule so you can find me!

I'm fixing a hole...
With apologies to the Beatles, there's no rain getting in, but there is definitely some "mind wandering" involved. In short, I made a mistake last night that has left a maybe 1/8" hole in the side...
5
5

OT Another story from long ago
I must be getting old, I've been in a relflective mood... Once upon a time, I did a 3 year stint as an electrician, this was mixed in with various carpentry and masonry jobs. We did mostly industrial...
22
22

Tape
------------------------------------------ Google "gaffers tape" and stand back. Lew
5
5

Harbor Freight Deals
$19.95? What a rip-off! My latest HF flyer that came in the mail shows the same item five dollars less ($14.95). You want bargain? This coming week-end get a compound, sliding, twelve-inch, double...
3
3