Subject Author Posted Replies

Drill press dado
This looks like an interesting and functional way to make a stopped dado. Has anyone tried it? In this make over project if used wenge to build a new handle for this mini hatchet. It's by far the...
30
30

Anyone in Mid West looking for a big Jointer
24" Northfield - " Northfield -
4
4

What Do You Know About Recirculating Pumps? (Prevent Frozen Pipes)
Does anyone here know anything about using recirculating pumps to prevent frozen pipes in a house? I have a general idea of how they work but I've got specific situation I'm interested in. I've just...
77
77

How to remove tile glue?
Nephew's house, an old farm built in the 1940s, original hardwood floors. Tile flooring added in 1970s, then later topped with carpet. They are remodeling/updating. They want to restore the hardwood...
10
10

Somewhat OT: Precision Cutting Plastic
OK, it's not WWing, but related. Hoping some of your craft-ivores have helpful ideas. I have an ABS plastic box - 5x4x2in with a removable 5x4 cover. I need to cut 2 rectangular windows in that cover,...
21
21

pen-turning lathe
Doh ! :-) John T. Lehmann Hydratrol Lathe With 24" Chuck With for auction. 10' 4" Bed. Radius 13.5" For A 27" Swing Oil Filled. With Hi Speed Threading Attachment Power: 600 V / 3 Phase. Double Chuck...
11
11

Edge nailing plywood, anti-friction
I need to make some boxes to be used as drawers on a shelf. I plan to use 1-by wood for the sides and plywood for the bottom (1/2"). The way I see this going together is to place a small bead of glue...
15
15

JoinTech (2023 Update)
Anybody happen to have one of the JoinTech CabinetMakers System that was sold years ago?
3
3

OT What is it ?
Some sort of specialty pliers - link below. 've exhausted my google image search ideas .. John T. ratchet wrenches & unknown tool for auction. Online only auction including Paragon & Aynsley cups &...
6
6

Re: "hook & loop" system sucks!
I think its either u or the machine. Ive had a Makita orbital hook n loop for damn near a decade n haven't had to replace the pad even once. Just as long as I dont use those Gator sanding discs. They...
4
4

Drill Index as teaching aid
Over the years I've had a bunch of the Huot metal drill indexes. It always drove me nuts that sometimes I'd go to put a bit away and it would get stuck partway down, or I couldn't get it to go in the...
4
4

Sears Craftsman 12" Radial Arm Saw model 112.29510 -
Looking for a motor part number 63234. Thank you.

Dremel 732 accessories
someone gave me a NEW in the box Dremel 732. No manuals, no attachments... and now it seems there are NO attachments made anymore. If anyone has a source for accessories, please let me know... Nick
2
2

Origin Shaper
So my wife has full access to our upstairs for her quilting studio. We have laminate flooring in that area and she has a main sewing desk with two sewing machines which is eight feet long and five...
8
8

Wooden Threads
Got the two nuts threaded. Blanks (ash wood) are about 4"X5"X5", to be trimmed to size to fit onto the table. The pilot hole drilled in the first blank was 1-5/8" (1.625"), slightly too small....
19
19