28-682 delta 18" bandsaw oppinions?

looking at getting one of these tomorrow. unless its a real POS. went today to get some lumber for new kitchen cabinet project i am getting ready to start. SWMBO liked mahogany so thats what we got. she allways gets her way! lol... all we could get at a fair price was rough sawn

8/4 x 12 or larger. i told her 8/4 material needed to be resawn for what i was doing with it and she say,s can you do that? i say,s ayup BUT i dont have a big enough saw to do it with. well guess what she said! hehehehe. "keeper"!!!! so she is gonna go pick one up tomorrow. the 18" delta was the only one reasonably priced that would resaw 12" stock. the jet does not. laguna with shipping is way more than i want to spend right now so unless there is good reason to avoid the delta that will be the one. how bout some fast oppinions or links to some reviews guys?

thanks, skeez

Reply to
skeezics

[...]

ok. thanks for all the replies! :-] since i heard no bad things about this saw i got one yesterday. setup was a breeze. the blade tracked perfect right out of the crate and seems to cut fairly well. i resawed a 1x6 fir and made a 1/8" slab that was nearly perfect. not bad for someone who has never resawn on a bandsaw before. im sure a new timberwolf or suffolk blade will make it an even more enjoyable experience. what a step up from my old chiwanese 14" bandsaw with cobbled up guides!!!! this thing is so quiet i couldnt help but hit the start button more than once to be sure it had started. the laguna was my saw of choice but i believe this delta beast willl serve me just fine for many years to come. and it was much cheaper. setting the guides was a little fiddly and the ball ended allen wrench they gave me with the saw striped out on the second set screw. but i have many allen wrenches so i replaced them all with some good old american tools! any recomendations on width of blade to resaw with? i think it will use up to 1 1/2" but i doubt that is nessesary.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics