Subject Author Posted Replies

Mirror update
You got burn marks because you paused at those spots. Router bits get very hot; NP if you feed continuously at the proper rate but if you pause - or, worse yet, stop - the bit will burn the wood.
54
54

foot powered lathe(pay attention Nick)
That was great! Can a lathe like that turn non-green wood (I know that Roy's spring-pole lathe is designed to only turn green wood)? Bill
3
3

Sketchup and Windows 8
Trimble doesn't designate its compatibility with Win8. Same for Picasa. Most of the time there simply has not been enough testing to announce without a doubt that the program will play nicely on a...
11
11

Overuse of machine tools?
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:30:09 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop" You need to think about your woodworking a little differently. A hundred years from now, your relatives will be speaking to a computer telling...
66
66

Pretend you know an idiot...
... and this purely hypothetical idiot asks you for advice with the following problem: He (hypothetically, of course) puts some pencil marks on the wrong edge of a face frame, the outside edge. He...
10
10

The arc -- without math
You may recall that I queried the group about an equation to find the radiu s of a circle in order to draw an arc for a bit of molding for the buffet I 'm building with my son. We elected to drive a...
3
3

Leon vs Sliding Table
You weren't using the fence in this operation, were you?
14
14

The Quarter Test,,,,, Screw the big fat nickel
-------------------------------------------------------------- No harm, no foul. Glad to see damage was limited. To bad, but it appears about the only good thing that happens in urban areas is that...
35
35

George Jones
He stopped loving her today...
8
8

Hardiboard to cover steps?
I have three back steps which are under a overhang, but they do get spattered when it rains. They are pine over treated lumber and SWMBO wants the pine removed and something like TREX laid over them....
8
8

Day 2 Saw Stop Assembly
OK this morning I began the assembly of the actual saw. Wow, not much to do. Attach the left cast iron extension wing and add the bevel wheel handle. the wheel was already mounted. Add the power cord...
18
18

Tilting Router Table Fence
Can be made to fit almost any existing router table. Open up the possibilities for new router profiles!
14
14

Saw Stop with HTC 15 roller outfeed
I got this done today and tomorrow I start assembling the saw. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8682522226/in/photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8682522226/in/photostream/
13
13

Bad idea?
The latest in my continuing series of Very Basic Questions. "What Is Wood?" should be coming along soon. I put a first coat of finish on my (second pair of) face frames last night; MinWax Satin Poly,...
3
3

Router collet size
If I buy a router with a 1/2 collet, will it still work with 1/4 inch shanked bits?
19
19