Subject Author Posted Replies

Tips for spray lacquer
A tight delivery schedule for my daughter's jewelry armoire has led me to b uy a couple of cans of semi-gloss spray lacquer because of the 30-minute re coat time. I'm thinking three coats should...
19
19

Speaking of clamps (Home Depot, Irwin)
A few months ago all of the Jorgenson and Pony clamps and clamp accessories disappeared from my local HD. All of the clamps are now Irwin. Bar clamps, pipe clamp ends and corner clamps, at least. It...
11
11

Clamps Loosening Problem
Hi. I've have a little clamping problem that someone may have a solution. I've got four Jorgenson standard fast acting clamps like the ones in the following link. All four of these clamps (some more...
7
7

Update: Craftsman quick-grip clamps
ps. And I was under the impression they were covered by the Craftsman life time warranty. Alas, they are only covered for a year and you need a recei pt to warranty exchange within that time period....
6
6

Blue Glue
About 6 months ago I replaced a dowel in a table leg. The wood is dark and fine-grained and looks like cherry. The leg is fastened to the upright with two dowels about 5/8 " diameter. I glued both...
17
17

RE: O/T: San Onofre
Southern California Edison has finally announced the San Onofre nuclear plant will be permanently shut down. The arrogance of SCE was typical of the "We know best" attitude of the utility industry...
54
54

Minimum thickness for Dominos
Thinking about using my Domino to affix some maple trim to the edges of 1/2 inch (nominal) ply. Is that thick enough for the 4mm Dominos?
1
1

For woodworkers with BBQ grills.
Saw this on a newspaper site. A piece of Maple made to clean BBQ grills. Just a picture, but it shoule be easy to figure out. Father's Day Gift Guide for Foodies.
4
4

RE: O/T: British Humor
There's something wrong with your hearing!
7
7

RE: Neat Set Up Gage.
Lew Expert woodworking tips, techniques, inspiration and more for woodworkers of any skill level.
1
1

RE: O/T: June 6, 1944
There numbers are dwindling fast, but they are not forgotten. Lew
15
15

Looking for ideas, experience, etc.
I'm working on plans for a cabinet I am going to build into a niche between two rooms. The space for the cabinet horizontally is like this (VP= 3/4" vertical partition) left 11" VP center left 6 3/4"...
15
15

FS: Original INCRA jig
I bought this a while back with the intent to use it for box joints on my router table, then I decided on the Incra box joint jig. This sells for $60 on the INCRA site. Will let it go for $35,...
1
1

What is it? Set 496
A new set has been posted: Rob
18
18

Etiquette on FS announcements on the WREC?
---------------------------------------------------- If it goes to windward while close hauled, keeps the beer cold, and snuggles into a quiet anchorage at the end of the day, NO PROBLEM. If it leads...
9
9