Subject Author Posted Replies

Digital magazine subscriptions
I, like probably many of you, have way more paper copies of woodworking mag azines than I can possibly read. My collection goes back to the 1980's, whi ch means 30+ years of Wood, Pop Wood, American...
7
7

Hole cutter, reversible to make toy wheels?
I can use a hole cutter, hopefully to cut through hardwood. But regular wood might work. There will be no hurry to make the cuts. Accuracy is important. The outer diameter of the wooden wheels will be...
11
11

Anyone heard of Charlie Self lately?
I was asked a question on FB by a Judith Austin, whom I didn't know (yet). Had I heard anything from or about Charlie Self, the woodworker, car enthousiast, photographer, and author who also used to...
13
13

eWoodShop - 327 Kitchen Refresh 2013
Apparently this has been designated as the summer to do something about the lake house we inherited from Linda's side of the family a few years back. So far, one bathroom down; now a kitchen and...
7
7

OT Temperature
Strange weather we are having in the Houston area. Visited with Swingman and his wife on Saturday and his shaded street just before 6pm showed 108 on the car thermometer. I cannot remember ever seeing...
31
31

Bookcase "bridge" design: Dado layout questions
This is a (very) preliminary design fro a "bridge" to join two bookcase uni ts I built. The bottom of this unit will be seen; the top and sides will no t. It would be approximately 48" x 23" x 12"...
17
17

Cherry/Lacewood Side Table
I recently finished a side table and I filmed the build process if you're interested in watching. This was my first time using lacewood and I was happy with how easily it worked for such a highly...
81
81

Ping Mike and or Nailshooter In San Antonio
I am looking for enough good mesquite to build a dining room table. Do any of you know or have a suggestion as to where to get some in the SA area? If coming from Houston I have no problem with going...
24
24

Identify wood.
Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot before I discovered it makes good pens. https://picasaweb.google.com/113020386164842470958/June302013#5895193133194393666
30
30

Engineer's square
So I bought a 3" engineer's square for tool set-up. Used it a couple of weeks ago. Needed it today, but damn if the box isn't empty. Must have set it down someplace (as usual) and can't find. Of...
12
12

Stanley #80 and shopsmith
I spent the day roaming around and visiting some friends from horse showing days. I ran across an estate sale and bought a 1980 Mark V ShopSmith for $125(in fair condition) with lathe,tablesaw,...
4
4

eWoodShop - Lake House Bath Remodel 2013
Figuring I'd better get it done while I'm still young enough, here's a long overdue, nasty job in the partial basement of our 60+ year old lake house on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, AR. (Yep, that's...
7
7

OT, Somewhat: Flooring Question
A relative has a 1950's home on pillars, peel & stick tile in a large 20'X4 0' kitchen/dining room. She wants to install wood flooring. I have the p ine 6" T&G to give to her, so we don't have to be...
9
9

guns is good ?
This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy-bitsy shooter by a woman against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself? The Beretta Jetfire: While...
6
6

Ping: PuckDropper
PuckDropper, You asked me to report/review on the "Chemical Splash Goggles" from Lee Valley (on page 224 of their catalog) a few months ago. I wore them for a couple hours while I was sanding some...
8
8