Subject Author Posted Replies

KV GS4270 Drawer Slides No Longer Fully Close
About 5 years ago I installed 8 sets of the Knape & Vogt GS4270 full extension, soft close drawer slides. One set, the one on the most frequently used drawer, no longer fully closes on its own. When I...
24
24

Cutting Steel with Circular Saw Blades
I'm installing a railing and need to cut the metal. I've got a hacksaw and a portable circular saw, so naturally which one do I grab? The circular saw. I found out why they say not to cut steel with...
28
28

OT another what-is-it
At a local auction : could be home-made or modified / re-purposed .. I thought of spreading powder / ashes / ice salt / line marking .. but couldn't find anything on the google .. John T.
6
6

Diagonal leg bracing for folding worktable
I am putting together a folding worktable based on a concept such as this one: key structural difference (the other being the leg bearing - I am using 3/4" IMC) is that I won't be using the bottom...
7
7

comparing helical cutter heads
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer. Bob
30
30

Epoxy, Fabric and Wood
Overall question: Will epoxy hold flexible plastic to fabric? Specifically, West Systems G-Flex epoxy and 3M Dual Lock adhesive tape. I'm trying to help a friend extend the life of a couch. To keep...
23
23

Safe To Use Feather Board Beyond Blade For Jointing Sled?
I know that you should never use a featherboard beyond the blade when ripping a board, but what about when using a jointing sled? I built one of these last night so I can cleanup some rough poplar. I...
11
11

Do we really need another video on how to make a table saw crosscut sled ? YES !
My 30 year old sleds did not fit new table saw due to spacing of miter slots. Gave my old sleds to the guy who bought the old saw, and set out to make new sleds. Did some research on best practices in...
2
2

Just sharpened the blade of my plane
Now that is is sharp I can do this
20
20

Cutting a SawStop ICS down to size
I replaced my 35 year old contractor saw ( 24 x 22 inch table ) with a SawStop, but didn’t want to increase the floor footprint. So which SawStop model would be best for minimizing footprint? The...
3
3

Programming: Random colors to picture points with same distance as original......
..........and all same color areas must match same random colors. Full post: Kristjan Robam New problem. Random colors to picture points with same distance as original...
12
12

garage heaters
Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm looking to put a ceiling mounted heater in my garage workshop. I'm looking at models that are 5000w and 240v. Rather than hard-wiring the unit I'd like to have it corded...
18
18

Merry Christmas to all woodworkers around the world
after my brother Karl. Stay great ! Have fun on that awesome day ! With all the best, Kristjan Robam

Art of scars
Before you say this is off topic, you have to scroll down a bit to see the woodworking aspect.
2
2

New talking place opened.
Allows private rooms with password. Code, if someone would like to set it up hisself: KR Contribute to robamkhrictjan/talkingplace development by creating an account on GitHub. Contribute to...
2
2