25th Wedding Aniversary - Anyone care to share what they built for this event?

Our 25th aniversary is coming up and I am just stumped. Running down to the jewelry store and plopping down some cash for a ring or something seems a might impersonal to me. So, I would like to build something for my bride but I can't seem to come up with a way to work-in either any silver or "25" or both.
Anyone care to share what they may have done? pointers to URLs, plans, books, etc. welcome
bill W
You could build a very nice (VERY) box for which to put that ring or whatever (which you plopped that $$ on the counter at the jewelry store for) into.
Mike
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
On 6 Oct 2003 12:01:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lucent.com (Bill W.) wrote:

Well I am an incurable romantic
If you haven't in the past then now is the time, make her an exquisite Jewelry box out of some rare exotic wood Even put a music box in it, preferably playing a song that is "your song" Every couple has one,
Now for the presentation, This is very important Leave it in say your bedroom on her dresser with a special card, a single rose, one lit candle and of course a simple piece of silver jewelry inside that will undoubtedly flip her cork. It does not have to be wrapped, a little bow would be a nice touch Of course the lights will be down low in said room and you will not be there. I'm sure this will take a little planning to orchestrate but its not to difficult. However you definately want to be close by to collect the residual effects.
Now the rest of the evening you will have to handle yourself.
Good Luck George

After all that!!??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

The jewelry box will be nice, but don't give it to her empty. This is a special event mark it the right way. Spend some big money and make her happy.
Married 42 happy years and looking forward to many more,
rog
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:29:22 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

Heck, he could pick up one of Tawm's 'lebenty zillion jewel coffins for dirt cheap, I reckon.
On 6 Oct 2003 12:01:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lucent.com (Bill W.) wrote:

While happily married myself for 21 years, I have a friend who recently reached the 25 year mark. At he anniversary party he broke down crying, and admitted that his wedding had been of the "shotgun" variety. He was told by his girl's father that he could either marry her, or go to jail for 30 years. When we asked why he was crying, he said, "In another five years, I would have been out!"
tt
You could buy her a new Unisaw, and ask her to let you borrow it occasionally :) <grin>, by the way congratulations, and many more the good ladies are worth keeping